PDA

View Full Version : pay out of me own pocket???

marruss
13-05-03, 07:06 PM
yesterday i smashed into the back of a BMW! of all cars i picked!! well anyway...proper fcukd my car...but it was goin anyway..but the beemers got bout 650 worth of damage!!
what do i do? pay out of my own pocket or go thro the insurance...
it was my first year of my own insurance...so got not alot to loose...
just wanna no what the deal is?? does he claim from mine? if he does will they want to see my car??
excess?? wtf?

any help needed? hes wants to know what im doin by 8.30!! so any advice welcome..

cheers
marc

wisewood
13-05-03, 07:14 PM
if you can find 650 quid pay outta your own pocket mate... that way you aint losing anything from your own insurance at all.

tonydry
13-05-03, 07:39 PM
tell him youl pay for it but he has to get some qoutes from garages u do the same then it gives u some more time to think it over u could still turn round and say u want to go through the insurance

mikeoxford
13-05-03, 09:59 PM
and from getting a couple of difrent quotes will see if his price is inflated or right

marc goto henry martins, and also P J Bates stockfield road

my car is going to p j bates

there reasonable bvut VERY good work

i have the details somewhere if u want em

wisewood
14-05-03, 11:14 AM
if you are worried about him overinflating the quote to make some money out of ya just tell him you will pay yourself on the condition you can choose the place where the work is done... and have it invoiced directly to you.

Dave
14-05-03, 11:33 AM
if it's your first years insurance you haven't got any no-claims bonus to loose but it will nacker you up in the next year when renue if you have had a claim. if you can afford to pay out of your own pocket do it mate
an if you need any new pannels we just got a 50% discount from a pannel company!

mikeoxford
14-05-03, 02:47 PM
an if you need any new pannels we just got a 50% discount from a pannel company!

he told me his car had had it, big stylee :(

ade
14-05-03, 11:06 PM
if you rear ended him watch he dont try and claim whip lash etc. Insurance will cover you for this.

Difficulty with paying out yer own pocket is he powns the car so if he takes it to a beemer garage which he is entitled to and they say the chassis is kinked or the back axle is slightly off then he has the right to bill you for what ever. If you wont pay then he'll go to the police.

Its all fair and good saying get reasonable quotes and matching up but at the end of the day if you had a beemer and someone rear ended you what would you want - a semi reasonable quote from a back street garage or a proper job including respray that wont rust from a beemer dealer.

No offence m8 but I know which I'd go for...

Yeah yer insurance is gonna jump - I had no no claims, had 2 crashes -0 one my failt the other I couldnt trace so i had no choice to claim and reap the insurance hike factor. My insurance (25 at the time) went from ?349 to ?950!

You maybe surprised ref the hike - it might not be thet bad...

Ade
(playing devils advocate - sorry m8)

marruss
16-05-03, 09:09 PM
sorted.....geezer got me a couple of quotes...one bein 640 and the other one was 490.. so i paid him the 490 and got him to sign to say he had no more claims against me and it was all sorted!! phew! rang l/v bout insurance and they wouldnt insure me on a gsi(gutted 19 and nearly 1 ncb) but would insure me on a Mini clubman 1275 gt and they would give me 101.4 back!! so im gonna be cainin round in a gsi beatin mini! haha only till i get a new project on the go( thinkin somethin vauxhall, could be another nova)

so thanks for advice and sh*t...
mikey boy need any bits?

marc

ade
18-05-03, 11:51 AM
excellent - clever about getting him to sign on ditted line

bit crap of LV not quoting you. They must have changed their policy to no under 21's

?

Will
18-05-03, 04:57 PM
indeed ade hit the nail on the head there, they are not to keen on group 10 plus @ under 25 yrs actually but there we go!

If u want a GSI mate and your 19 with 1 yrs ncb ring up HIC, number can be found in guides section on this site...... how do i know? i wrote the guide, lmfao