PDA

View Full Version : servos

tony k
26-07-10, 09:55 AM
right ive just bought a nova gsi servo,tried to fit it on but my poxy inlet manifold hits it,so i cant fit it now,whats the other sizes of the other servos,i know the gsi one is 200mm i think, as only need about half inch then it will fit,cant be botherd to do the corsa conversion,has anyone got a spare one laying around which i could borrow,just to see if it fits

as you can see from this pic theres not alot of room
http://i207.photobucket.com/albums/bb221/tonysturbonova/30122009012.jpg

tony k
26-07-10, 01:08 PM
anyone

AlexW
26-07-10, 01:46 PM
Looks like your only option is corsa setup, which is much improved anyway.
Maybe take a look back through pauls wip thread as didnt he run a similar inlet manifold? I know his current one goes up over the master cylinder though as ive just looked.

Cant think of anybody else who still runs the standard setup, Corsa setup is the way forward.

tony k
26-07-10, 02:02 PM
Looks like your only option is corsa setup, which is much improved anyway.
Maybe take a look back through pauls wip thread as didnt he run a similar inlet manifold? I know his current one goes up over the master cylinder though as ive just looked.

Cant think of anybody else who still runs the standard setup, Corsa setup is the way forward.

Shaun has got the same inlet,think his servo is tgesmaller one,i really dont wanna do the vorsa setup,plus i aint got a welder either,i know alot of people said you have to trim the pedal down

craig green
26-07-10, 03:20 PM
All that tuning under the bonnet & you can't get someone to shorten a brake pedal for you??

tony k
26-07-10, 04:06 PM
All that tuning under the bonnet & you can't get someone to shorten a brake pedal for you??

i know what your saying craig,will have a think about it,so whats the best corsa setup to get the gsi one

craig green
26-07-10, 04:13 PM
I think they are all the same.

Fitting one will involve cutting a hole in the battery tray, making a support for the clutch pedal as the Nova brake pedal acts as its support (they both pivot on same axis) & obviously shortening the corsa pedal & optional strengthening of the Nova battery tray as it isnt quite upto the job of resisting the forces of your braking foot. Then relocating the battery & associated cabling.

So it is a fair bit of head scratching & fabrication.

bazil
26-07-10, 04:14 PM
Non servo bias pedal box? Would that be an option?

tony k
26-07-10, 04:19 PM
seems abit too much for me to do,what other options are out there

craig green
26-07-10, 04:20 PM
seems abit too much for me to do,what other options are out there

You know I look at your engine bay & think the same.

If that doesnt run without msifires & issues 1st turn of the key, are you going to brreak it for spares? lol

bazil
26-07-10, 04:23 PM
A pedal box conversion is a simple job, far easier than the corsa setup and no drilling or welding required, I'm not talking about the floor or incar one i'm talking about the replcement one for the standard unit.

tony k
26-07-10, 04:24 PM
You know I look at your engine bay & think the same.

If that doesnt run without msifires & issues 1st turn of the key, are you going to brreak it for spares? lol

i know there is gonna be a few teething probs on getting it runing but thats another story,for sure it wont be breaking for spares,not everyone is as good as you craig lol

tony k
26-07-10, 04:28 PM
A pedal box conversion is a simple job, far easier than the corsa setup and no drilling or welding required, I'm not talking about the floor or incar one i'm talking about the replcement one for the standard unit.

ive already got one of them,it dont fit with that inlet,heres a pic of with the old inlet and pedal box
http://i207.photobucket.com/albums/bb221/tonysturbonova/26072009024.jpg

bazil
26-07-10, 04:31 PM
Ahh, mine has remote resovoir ( sp ) that why I suggested that option, I do have a 1.2 servo but it's at my shed 5 miles away, so I can't measure it for you ATM

craig green
26-07-10, 04:44 PM
,not everyone is as good as you craig lol

hey I'm far from a good fabricator or tuner, but you just seem a little scared of it despite the awesome spec motor you appear to have. Highly modified cars are not for the faint hearted as you seem to be finding.

Hope you appreciate the advice is not pish taking? :thumb:

tony k
27-07-10, 09:01 AM
Ahh, mine has remote resovoir ( sp ) that why I suggested that option, I do have a 1.2 servo but it's at my shed 5 miles away, so I can't measure it for you ATM

Thanks mare,i do think the other servos are 180mm,should fit with that i hope lol,if not its gotta be the corsa setup oh

tony k
27-07-10, 09:06 AM
hey I'm far from a good fabricator or tuner, but you just seem a little scared of it despite the awesome spec motor you appear to have. Highly modified cars are not for the faint hearted as you seem to be finding.

Hope you appreciate the advice is not pish taking? :thumb:

Yeah i know what your saying craig,ive got a good spec there,so i will look into doing tge corsa one,i do appriciate the help with the info,i was mucking around aswell,will try find out abit more info ie pictures and that

Stuart
27-07-10, 10:16 AM
you could just fit an incar floor mounted setup.... like the OPB (or OBP) ones, just perhaps gofor the non nova specific one and add supports to suit ;)

Southie
27-07-10, 10:25 AM
Who made your inlet? Could you not sell yours on and get another made the opposite way around so the throttle body is next to the strut, a similar style to the Mantzel ones.

AlexW
27-07-10, 10:36 AM
^Being a LET, That wont be that easy, space for boost pipes etc etc etc.

PS tony, i have a smaller size servo somewhere lol

tony k
27-07-10, 01:12 PM
you could just fit an incar floor mounted setup.... like the OPB (or OBP) ones, just perhaps gofor the non nova specific one and add supports to suit ;)

just trying to see what other ideas are out there,was looking at the floor mounted ones,but i would need to run a hydraulic clutch as it would look odd with a single one if they do them

tony k
27-07-10, 01:20 PM
Who made your inlet? Could you not sell yours on and get another made the opposite way around so the throttle body is next to the strut, a similar style to the Mantzel ones.

i was thinking of selling the inlet,but to get another one made would take a while to get done,i waited a few months for this one,ive seen a few different inlets out there with the tb at a angle so the boost pipe goes round the servo,will have to see what prices they are to get one made,do any of you guys know anyone one who does,with a quick turn around,aint paying stupid prices tho

tony k
27-07-10, 01:21 PM
^Being a LET, That wont be that easy, space for boost pipes etc etc etc.

PS tony, i have a smaller size servo somewhere lol

i only need one to borrow to see if it fits,then if it does i will buy it lol,can i put the gsi m/c on that servo,or wont it make any difference

Stuart
27-07-10, 01:24 PM
just trying to see what other ideas are out there,was looking at the floor mounted ones,but i would need to run a hydraulic clutch as it would look odd with a single one if they do them

you can get non hydro clutch versions.

You still get all 3 pedals regardless of the clutch operation (unless you have a car with ETB then I think you just get brake/clutch)

tony k
27-07-10, 01:30 PM
will have a look around see what ones are around,sorry to sound stupid whats etb stuart

Stuart
27-07-10, 01:31 PM
electronic throttle body (or fly by wire to the wrong people in the world)

Danny s-p
27-07-10, 01:34 PM
i just measured a 1l nova trip servo and it came out as 190mm mate

tony k
27-07-10, 01:36 PM
electronic throttle body (or fly by wire to the wrong people in the world)

thanks for that stuart,will check around on the net later see what i can find

tony k
27-07-10, 01:38 PM
i just measured a 1l nova trip servo and it came out as 190mm mate

i thought they was 180mm,dont know where i got that from,thanks for doing that,will have to measure the gsi one ive got