PDA

View Full Version : Single Wiper Problem

morpheus
13-05-03, 11:59 AM
I have just fitted a second hand Single wiper but i dont no where it, is mean't to sit??
Does the wiper are sit in the middle of the windscreen (as it currently is and knocks like a B!tCH!) or does it sit somewhere else.

It is a proper single wiper conversion and not the modified linkage one.

Please Help

Morpheus (If Neo's about maybe he could help! LOL :) )

Freak
13-05-03, 12:06 PM
You can position it where you want.?

The 'proper' ones and the home made ones are all adjustable to park wherever you like

morpheus
13-05-03, 02:10 PM
Is there anywhere available to get a grommit to blank up the old wiper hole until it gets filled and sprayed???

mikeoxford
13-05-03, 02:49 PM
Is there anywhere available to get a grommit to blank up the old wiper hole until it gets filled and sprayed???

u shudda got one in the kit? unless u bought it s/hand?

and as for the clunking noise, thats incorrectly adjusted.

the fitting instructions for the monostyle kit are on nova-land.com

stugsi
13-05-03, 09:01 PM
morpheus wrote

I have just fitted a second hand Single wiper

sorry mike :lol:

mikeoxford
13-05-03, 10:03 PM
morpheus wrote

I have just fitted a second hand Single wiper

sorry mike :lol:

:roll: :oops:

fair cop!

scott5
16-05-03, 11:50 AM
my single wiper was on the car when i bought it, and one day it decided to fcuk up big style and jam on the drivers side!!
i didn't have a clue what to do to fix it so i just had a play with the adjustable linkage, big mistake!! that made it 100 times worse cos it slammed into the fcuking bonnet, and bent the scuttle pannel in the process.

i then decided to ring monostyle and they emailed me the instruction on how to set it up, they were a massive help works perfectly now.

i would deffinately recommend speaking to monostyle as they were a great help

Freak
16-05-03, 12:02 PM
motorworld sell blanking grommets for 99p

scott5
16-05-03, 12:09 PM
motorworld sell blanking grommets for 99p
the problem with a normal grommet is that it wont cover the elongated hole at the top.

someone nicked my propper on from monostyle so i made a ring out of plastic that covered everything, painted it the same colour as the car and then used a normal grommet to hold it in place.

novashed
16-05-03, 01:08 PM
jus found out for my MOT i have to have the wiper parked for it to pass, ie resting at the bottom of the screen and not just to one side, f*kin stupid if u ask me

Freak
16-05-03, 03:41 PM
Not really.
makes sense to be able to see out the windscreen properly :roll:
It obscures vision when its centre parked - and looks gay (personal opinion)

scott5
16-05-03, 05:33 PM
and looks gay (personal opinion)
i second that opinion!