PDA

View Full Version : setting up venier pulleys on xe

Mboasty
22-07-10, 11:10 PM
ok basicly, i have no experience in the processes involved in setting up venier pulleys, so i need som gen.
ive got a set of adjustable venier pulleys for my xe lump running fast road cams, my plan is to fit them at the standard tdc position fit the cambelt get the engine running then adjust them later, (im persuming they can be adjuasted later without removing the cambelt)?
so is there any recomended setups or is it just trial & error, also i need to know how to go about the process of adjusting the cams.
ive got a timing disc.

matt

Nobby
23-07-10, 05:47 AM
if your unsure mate take it to a tuners and have it done right a setup will cost more than a new top end when you aint got it right

comptoncj
23-07-10, 07:36 AM
I would say set it at TDC and then take it to a rolling road buddy, it wont cost the earth :)

davidfox280585
23-07-10, 02:44 PM
I would say set it at TDC and then take it to a rolling road buddy, it wont cost the earth :)
iirc £80 i paid for my rs turbo setup and pulley adjusted on roling road with printout too:) not worth the risk to be honest mate they know what there doing and will get you the best advantages from it

Graeme
23-07-10, 04:13 PM
What cams does it run?