PDA

View Full Version : mk3 astra td fuel and boost

JordyzNova
22-07-10, 08:37 AM
will it be ok to run it on that bio-diesel :confused:

also what do i have to do to turn the boost up and maybe put a dump vavle on it if i can ? ?

any opinous :thumb:

AlexW
22-07-10, 09:46 AM
IIRC Baxter ran his cav on chippy oil. Its more the newer stuff that has the issues.

Dont be a chav with a chav valve, more effort than its worth.

Boost/fuel turn up guide on here iirc

blue_peg_16v
22-07-10, 09:51 AM
think andy ran his cav on bio

and i did put chip fat in the van a few times lol

MattBrown
22-07-10, 09:52 AM
Heating oil is also good:)

And dump valve is the same as a petrol no?

MK999
22-07-10, 10:30 AM
Heating oil is also good:)

No throttle body on a diesel, so no vacuum to operate it

burgo
22-07-10, 10:34 AM
will it be ok to run it on that bio-diesel :confused:

also what do i have to do to turn the boost up and maybe put a dump vavle on it if i can ? ?

any opinous :thumb:

we have a search function dont you know

AlexW
22-07-10, 11:05 AM
No throttle body on a diesel, so no vacuum to operate it

And if you did use the electronic setup to operate the dump valve there is a delay, so it sounds ****.

Jack
22-07-10, 11:40 AM
The DV itself would be the same, albeit ecu or solenoid controlled, but it would be pointless due to the way a derv engine works and cause a bit of a power hole.

If you really must fit a DV to a durbo, you'd ideally want even greater control on feathering the valve than you have on a petrol turbo. Which you can't do unless you have a solenoid that can open to certain grades instead of either open or shut, and even then I still wouldn't bet on it

Mattman
22-07-10, 12:18 PM
durbo

lol off to purchase letters to make up a badge for the derv

JordyzNova
22-07-10, 07:50 PM
so basscally there is no point just stick to the good old standerd engine smokkkkeyyyyyyyyyyyy joeeeeeee lol

Andy
22-07-10, 07:53 PM
bio diesel made my cav td run miles better,did half white half bio,then changed fuel filter,then just neat bio.It loved it

Spudly
22-07-10, 07:55 PM
Upped fuel and boost on a turbo weasel = WIN!

Dump valve on a turbo weasel = pointless and a waste of time effort and monies!

GDN16v
22-07-10, 07:57 PM
Dump valve on a turbo weasel = pointless and a waste of time effort and monies!

Sounds like an asthmatic mouse sneezing!

craig green
22-07-10, 08:20 PM
An old derv engine with a chump valve is just wrong.

Even chavvier than dump valves on regular blown engines. Dont do it man!

Jack
22-07-10, 09:18 PM
Might be chavvy but they're often required on a petrol engine.

Even my OEM recirculating one made just as much noise as my DTA Forge before it broke

Andy
22-07-10, 09:20 PM
fukk me,how is a dump valve chavvy.Everything you do is chavvy these days.Getting drunk,smoking,generally enjoying ones self and now it seems dump valves.So Wrc cars are built and driven by chavs??

Jack
22-07-10, 11:04 PM
No, but I guess its the same as Lexus lights. When they were on Lex...ii, they were cool. But now they're on Saxo's and the like, they're shoite. Same goes for DVs, on decent power turbo cars they're good. Stuck on barry's diesel citroen AX, they're not good.

See also: angel eye headlights, audi LED strip sidelights, evo wings, etc

Sturge
22-07-10, 11:48 PM
wrc cars dont run dumpvalves, only wastegates :)

davidfox280585
23-07-10, 12:19 AM
my cav td has a baileys to be honest isnt worth putting one on, mine isnt loud at all only the flat group a cosworth ones are loud, never as loud as a petrol as the throttle flap holds the boost and the turbo spinning compresses it just before its released while derv will still flow boost, i only fitted mine as i was bored and already had the stuff to make the kit