PDA

View Full Version : fuel pump problems

coombsey
21-07-10, 10:07 PM
my fuel pump keeps making a squeeling sort of noise replaced pump same noise astra mpi pump i replaced the relay to day same thing if i turn car off then back on it stops but as soon as you start driving it starts again running a xe

Lee
21-07-10, 10:20 PM
Is it an innernal pump?

Probably reverberating on something? Cant think what else it could be if you've replaced it, unless you've been unbelievably unlucky and put a pump in with the exact same fault. Odds on that are pretty high though lol

coombsey
22-07-10, 12:36 AM
if i drive the car low revs its ok but as soon as i hit 5 6 thou it starts and then it carrys on in the low revs then until i turn the car off for a few seconds then its quiet again until i accelerate again also the reason i changed the pump was because when driving home it would only let me rev to 5k then further i got the lower the revs got if on the spot and rev it it reved all the way but as soon as i started to drive would rev to just over 100 revs lose power and die unless i eased off accelerater

mowgli
22-07-10, 08:59 AM
did you replace it with a new pump?

MattBrown
22-07-10, 10:02 AM
Are your sure its not an spi pump?

As it sounds like under pressure to mwah.

AlexW
22-07-10, 11:09 AM
SPi pump would make the engine run **** more than make the pump make funny noises.

coombsey
22-07-10, 09:29 PM
it has a meatal case on it it isnt a brand new one it was from a working car