PDA

View Full Version : Engine transplant..help please

RICKY132
12-05-03, 09:41 PM
I have bought a 1.2i nova and intend on fitting twin40s and a race spec 13sr engine into it. a few ques.

Does the original throttle cable fit 40s,or what do i need?
Can i fuel the 40s using the signal point injection set up?
is the pump in the tank and if i done away with it would a mechanical pump work wiv the existing fuel lines?

Austin_Nova16
12-05-03, 09:58 PM
Does the original throttle cable fit 40s,or what do i need?

The carbs use a sepial linkage designed for them. You'll have to use a basic cable on the linkage will will codt you a fiver.

Can i fuel the 40s using the signal point injection set up?

No. The fuel pressure will be to great. You will be fine running a O/E carburated fuel pump, which runs off the cam (located on the drivers side of the engine).

is the pump in the tank and if i done away with it would a mechanical pump work wiv the existing fuel lines?

Yes. The original lines will work.

RICKY132
12-05-03, 10:03 PM
Thanx for your help,one other thing,does the 1.2i have an ecu.can i just disconnect it,were is it.
to disable tank fuel pump,is it just a matter of removing a fuse or will the tank and or pump need removed or changed?

mikeoxford
13-05-03, 01:05 AM
i have a 1.3 rally spec bottom end bored out with high comp pistons etc etc etc email me for full spec mikeoxford@hotmail.com i dont want its value but i have receipt for over ?800

looking for a lot less to clear garage

RICKY132
13-05-03, 07:34 PM
i already have a few engines,but any help would be greatly appreciated

mikeoxford
13-05-03, 10:05 PM
i have a 1.3 rally spec bottom end bored out with high comp pistons etc etc etc email me for full spec mikeoxford@hotmail.com i dont want its value but i have receipt for over ?800

looking for a lot less to clear garage

whats wrong with my bottom end! had about 5 enquiries for it but no sales, may advertise on motorsportdirect or ee if colin smith wants to buy it.

only want pennies

Dicko
14-05-03, 10:03 AM
if he has 1.2i pump would it not be beter to just fit a regulator, surely a more constant feed then, and less hassle swoping tank/lines over

novashed
14-05-03, 11:23 AM
1.3sr has the fuel pump on the cam lobe, no hassle just some more fuel hose to the twin 40's