PDA

View Full Version : calling all engine experts

rysmee
12-05-03, 08:26 PM
hello everyone... i'm back to ask more questions about tuning my 1.6 8v, and i have my new best friend.. the competition build manual.
but i still need your help..
first of all, the manual was created in 1991, so i'm not sure what advances have beem made in the last ten or so years.. do i still follow what the manual sais.. or listen to someone like courtenay?
i'd better read the list of parts out... theres many simple little parts that shouldn't be a problem but the main things include cosworth pistons (standard bore size but protrude slightly over the block to give higher comp ratio).... gsi2000 injectors.... cam.. modded ecu and air flow meter.

the whole kit is the 'clubman' kit as shown in a photo with a rally nova a few months ago in total vauxhall. i need to find out IF this kit or some variation of it is still avaliable and if so..where from?!?
has anyone bought any parts along these lines?
i'll be greatful for any experiences or help as i still dont know where to start with this rebuild. thanks

_JH_
12-05-03, 09:51 PM
in the book there should have been two things. a slip at the front for you to send off stating your competition program etc and they will send you updates. (well that was the idea when they wrote it, dunno if they still would)

secondly there should have been a slip of paper stating that the clubmans kit was still availible through harry hockly, and also the full contact details for the company. if your book was brand new it would have been sealed so these things couldnt fall out (although i think the update slip was a page of the book with a tear strip)