PDA

View Full Version : Done it again

swedge
20-07-10, 10:38 PM
Been paid a week and spent way too much on nova stuff lol

next month is a bonus off £1000 :) what you guys think I should buy as I wanna spend it on the nova it's already been poly bushed lowered strut brace, it's standard inside though

I was thinking caged with buckets and coilovers, do-able with £1000?

MattBrown
20-07-10, 10:43 PM
Get a set of "Gaz club coilovers" £410

A 2nd hand sd cage £300

And buckets and harnesses 2nd hand for £250

swedge
20-07-10, 10:49 PM
I'm guessing the coilovers are good what height are the adjustable to and do the rears adjust? Do the rears arches need any adjustment as I think i've heard some rears hit the inner arch?

mk1nova_rich
20-07-10, 10:52 PM
i would go for a spring and damper setup on the rear otherwise you will need to turret the top mounts to be strong enough to run coilovers.

swedge
20-07-10, 10:57 PM
I think I would prefer the spring and damper setup too, what's a good setup on the back?

Adam
20-07-10, 10:59 PM
i would go for a spring and damper setup on the rear otherwise you will need to turret the top mounts to be strong enough to run coilovers.
Mines been fine.

The original turret is triple skinned iirc.

The weakness is the bottom damper mount on the rear beam

mk1nova_rich
20-07-10, 11:00 PM
IIRC you can choose what rears you would like (coilovers/spring&damper) with the Gaz Club offer so i would go for that.

mr5050
20-07-10, 11:01 PM
what engine?

mk1nova_rich
20-07-10, 11:01 PM
i stand corrected :thumb:

swedge
20-07-10, 11:04 PM
I've just fitted a c14se from a Corsa and don't wanna change it happy with the small block might go for 1.6 8v next and run r1 carbs but I'm happy with it just now

Angus Closier
20-07-10, 11:09 PM
Id get the coilovers for the front and use a spring+damper set up on the rear (if its just a road car) Do you race it? Is there any need for a cage? or just for the feel/look? same with buckets? I could think of better things to spend the money on.....like decent tyres etc?? At the end of the day its your choice!

swedge
20-07-10, 11:19 PM
It's not just for the looks a few guys I know who have novas go to knockhillnearly every month and would like to do it

Angus Closier
20-07-10, 11:37 PM
Fair enough then, You can pick up a good cage for £300 and same for buckets. I managed to get a bargin on mine....buckets only cost me £50 kevlar aswell, woman didnt know what they worth! Have a look in the forsale section there is a cage for sale for around £300 saftey devices i think. Will be a few days old now, il have a look!

Edit: It sold...they come up now and again!

burgo
21-07-10, 01:34 AM
mad to not go for the coilovers all round imo. coilovers and a cage will completely transform it. you didn't say what brakes you have either?

bazil
21-07-10, 04:00 AM
Meh, gsi bumpers and skirts, red top and speedlines lol lol

IMO brakes, suspension, bushes, quickrack,

Trendall
21-07-10, 05:36 AM
Meh, gsi bumpers and skirts, red top and speedlines lol lol

IMO brakes, suspension, bushes, quickrack,

quick rack where can i get one from and are they esy to fit simple bolt off bolt on jobbie or more to it???

bazil
21-07-10, 05:54 AM
Em brand new it's difficult, and you might only get the kit, ie you need to replace the inside parts of your own rack, I bought mine from pro-tec and it was made by TAS who are no longer, mine was a simple bolt on job.

Pro-tec, quaife, Harry hockley will be your best bet for a new one.

Trendall
21-07-10, 05:56 AM
cheers bazil :) +rep for help

bazil
21-07-10, 06:01 AM
Cheers, novarally ( Colin ) was looking for one a while back as he had to wait on quaife having 10 orders before making a new batch!!

Keep an eye on second hand rally parts, brand new mine cost £95 in 2001 so that a guide for second hand price, I recently got a second hand quick rack for a freinds mk2 astra GTE £85 he had been looking for one for 4 years.

Trendall
21-07-10, 06:04 AM
so i shouldnt hold my breath on finding one anytime soon then... :( ill have a flick through ebay in a bit and google to see what i can drag up. i might also look for a car built with a quicker rack then a nova and see if i can find a way of fitting it.

bazil
21-07-10, 06:27 AM
The astra ones are harder to find, if you see either astra or nova then jump on it lol

Benn
21-07-10, 08:01 AM
Fit coilovers all round. Simple as. When you order then you spec them to what you want, so if you wanna go low enough to stop the wheels turning then tell them that (i did.. haha)

Bucket seats are mostly sh*te so i'd give them a miss. As said what brakes do you have on the car?

mowgli
21-07-10, 08:36 AM
swedge, can i be the lone voice of reason......

your nova isn't worth much more than a grand at the moment. i know its your pride & joy, but starting with 'i've got a grand what can i spend it on??' is a bad policy.. think what do you want to do to your car & is it a worthwhile investment??? then keep some money in the bank for future mods/repairs.

saloonwoody
21-07-10, 08:51 AM
Been paid a week and spent way too much on nova stuff lol

next month is a bonus off £1000 :) what you guys think I should buy as I wanna spend it on the nova it's already been poly bushed lowered strut brace, it's standard inside though

I was thinking caged with buckets and coilovers, do-able with £1000?

or sell it and buy a decent car lol lol

swedge
21-07-10, 08:59 AM
Lol thanks for the comments, I've had 9 cars in 3years I want to keep this car so want to get it perfect once I've bought all this that's the last of the big stuff only small mods after that