PDA

View Full Version : a problem with me brakes........

southend summer cruiser
12-05-03, 07:49 PM
when i bought my nova gsi in april the brakes were spongey.....so my mate fitted brand new pads and discs and bled the brakes until there was no air in the system..but since they have been done the breaks still feel spongey my m8 who fitted them said they need miles to brake in but he also thinks that if they stay spongy it may be my be the master cylider........anyone know how much they are and how easy to replace?

cheers

grant

shady_brady
12-05-03, 09:43 PM
Hi mate i had a problem with my 1.2 dont know how the gsi works but there's a one way valve that controls the brake servo pressure that come from the engine. I replaced it twice before i noticed that the valve had failed and was letting gasses from the engine destroy the diaghram inside the servo. Only cost a couple of pounds from a scrap yard hope this helps.

mikeoxford
13-05-03, 01:06 AM
Only cost a couple of pounds from a scrap yard hope this helps.

buy a new one

there pennies and your garunteed it wont fail for 12 months

one from scrappy cud be worse than yours :lol: if its been sat rotting for a year

Aragorn
13-05-03, 01:14 AM
um u said u bled the fronts but its spongey

chances are it could be caused by the rears either leaking, needing adjusted, or needing bled

so check the rears first

southend summer cruiser
14-05-03, 09:53 PM
my mate said that ive got dual circult brakes which means if u bleed the front you dont have to bleed the rear.............

mikeoxford
14-05-03, 09:55 PM
my mate said that ive got dual circult brakes which means if u bleed the front you dont have to bleed the rear.............

oh yes you do LOL

if the air is trapped between front and rear brakes - how does bleeding the front get the air out the back :lol: ?