PDA

View Full Version : X14XE (corsa) Conversion

frainey
19-07-10, 11:45 PM
Hi all,
New to the forum, basically i fitted a 1.4 16v engine to my corsa from a 1.2 8v,
Got all the wiring etc fitted it all but the problem is when i go to start the engine it turns over but will not fire?

Got spark, compression & fuel but no go?

Had a problem with the transponder, key chip and ecu got a new set from the donor vehicle when fitted still had a flashing ecu light but fixed that tonight by swapping the 2 red/blue wires round on the transponder box.

Fuel pump does not engage when ignition is on so have tried turning it over while putting a direct 12v feed relay slot.

Ive got 2 loose connection that do not appear to go anywhere one is near the ecu and the other is near the throttle body.

Please could anyone help ive been off the road for 2 weeks and its driving (Or not quite) me mad!

I have 2 loose connections that dont appear to plug in anywhere?

First conector is a red/blue, red/brown with a red plug near the throttle body that doesnt plug in anywhere?

Second one is located next to the ecu blue/black, black/white, green.

AlexW
20-07-10, 12:18 AM
First connector you speak of is Fuel Tank Vent Valve (Your need one for the EML to go off).

Second im not sure, Green would be rev counter where it goes onto the dials, others i cant remember.

Even if the Imobliser stuff was wrong it would start for 5secs then cut out.
The fuel pump should fire with ign, but if it worked when you put a 12v feed to it (I Presume you did put it to the right side!) then its got to be something other than fuel stopping it.

That is about all i can think off atm, too tired.

frainey
20-07-10, 07:48 AM
Thanks for the reply,
where would that connection plug into then as I can't see anywhere obvious?
Have asked for help on many corsa forums but had no joy.