PDA

View Full Version : 1.2 spi won't rev

boyracergti
19-07-10, 09:10 PM
Got a problem with my nova. Was running fine till yesterday when it took longer then usual to start but idles fine once running. I only noticed today though that it won't rev past 3000rpm. You put your foot down it goes fine untill between 2900 & 3100 rpm where it feels as if you've suddenly let off the throttle and it revs down slowly as if your off the throttle. Even with foot to the floor it just sort of growls then the revs drop. If you take your foot off the throttle it sort of resets and will then rev again but still only to 3000rpm was running fine untill now . Also the engine light isn't on any ideas ?

nova ian
19-07-10, 10:29 PM
Could possibly be Dizzy or timing belt slipped a tooth maybe, mine did a similar thing and it had ripped a load of teeth off the belt. New belt and a time up and it ran fine again

Trendall
20-07-10, 01:52 AM
check the cam belt and timing also the dizzy cap and is the growl you get like when you rev it up and turn the ignition off but keep your foot on the accelerater? if so your choke might come on i had that problem or it is over fueling when you put your foot down

boyracergti
20-07-10, 07:02 PM
Checked timing with the alt pulley notch lined up with the marker on belt back plate the cams lined up perfect. And being injection it doesn't have a choke I think

boyracergti
21-07-10, 08:04 PM
had another look today quickly. and noticed the idle which has always been abit lumpy seems even lumpier now. it wont start first time from cold without a touch of throttle. also forget to mention the reving problem only happens under load in neutral it revs up fine. also checked the plugs and they dont show any signs of overfueling any ideas?