PDA

View Full Version : Spotted a slammed golf, one for Tom and Liamp..

Spudly
19-07-10, 06:21 PM
What be the wheels on this beasty, spotted it last night while i was delivering and had to take a couple of photos of it as one of the lads at work thinks he is a 'dubber' because he drives a standard 1.6 single point polo, M reg in rust and black and he keeps putting 'its not dub if it dont rub' on his facetube statuses, cant even get the tagline right as im fairly sure its 'if its not rubbing, it aint dubbing' so i took thses to show him what 'dubbing' really is lol

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a36/spudly01/Random%20stuff/DSC04544.jpg

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a36/spudly01/Random%20stuff/DSC04543.jpg

Turns out the car is actually his mates and its so low he cant even fit his ignition key on its side between the sill and the ground, he cant even turn the wheel more then three quarters of a turn as the wheels hit the arches (apparently) and the guy is a total hero as he is currently on a ban for driving with no licence and going on the 'big fat dub tour' or something like that:eek:

So anyways what wheels are they peeps, they look kinda cool for pink wheels lol

Oh and if you can just make out the writing on the front corner of the bumper and the bottom corner of the rear screen, it says 'air-ride is for pussies' haha!

Derick-Sport
19-07-10, 06:28 PM
:tard: i really like that

mk1nova_rich
19-07-10, 06:50 PM
:wtf: i would love to drive a tank over that heap of ****, preferably with the unlicensed driver inside it

Spudly
19-07-10, 06:51 PM
Imo, the car looks really good, needs to come back up about 10-20mm at the front, but you can do what you wish to the nobber driver though lol

Mike
19-07-10, 06:55 PM
As Eminem once said.....

"a can full of gas & handful of match's"

Spudly
19-07-10, 06:56 PM
As Eminem once said.....

"a can full of gas & handful of match's"

And still werent found out 'right he'eere'

Chikka chikka, Slim Shady...

lol

Rich
19-07-10, 07:20 PM
You know what mike, i dont like you're attitude.

Pistol Pete
19-07-10, 07:23 PM
Not sure on the wheel colour, but it looks ok IMO lol

16v Nova Kev
19-07-10, 07:24 PM
is that on bags

Spudly
19-07-10, 07:39 PM
is that on bags

Oh and if you can just make out the writing on the front corner of the bumper and the bottom corner of the rear screen, it says 'air-ride is for pussies' haha!

Id have guessed not from reading that :p

Its -130mm on coileys with the helper springs cut off apparently:thumb:

Jack
19-07-10, 07:42 PM
The pink wheels attracted me, but I thought if I wrote that then everyone would think I'm more homo than they do already, so had to come up with a cover story
:wtf:

Paul
19-07-10, 07:58 PM
Pink wheels ftw!

stevie-p
19-07-10, 08:03 PM
its not that low has an overly large splitter on the front as do most its damn low but i still wouldent say he's dubbing......If you aint scrubbing you aint dubbing ;)

saloonwoody
19-07-10, 08:07 PM
i loik it :)

Benn
19-07-10, 08:21 PM
Cool rims, nice slam.

Stoo
19-07-10, 08:31 PM
Tidy

Lots of narrow minded blinkered haters on here!!

Spudly
19-07-10, 10:31 PM
its not that low has an overly large splitter on the front as do most its damn low but i still wouldent say he's dubbing......If you aint scrubbing you aint dubbing ;)

Seriously dude ill get the sill to floor clearance pics off my mate at work tomorrow, its properly decked trust me!!!!

Stoo
19-07-10, 10:52 PM
Not as low as my cab was

Spudly
19-07-10, 10:54 PM
Possibly not Stoo but this lot dont think its low and im saying it really actually is lol

craig green
19-07-10, 10:57 PM
Agree the rims are nice & thats a pretty nice colour of estate to base a project on, just a shame its a 'dub' really & a real shame the wheels are 'scene pink'.

hero for going so low, don't think so somehow. What a plank!

Lee
19-07-10, 11:27 PM
That looks grim as feck IMO, but thats just me :) That doesn't make me blinkered as far as i'm concerned. In fact, i think it proves I have eyes lol lol

craig green
19-07-10, 11:35 PM
Agree Lee.

How many cars are being half ruined by clowns with Gay-glo rattle cans just now?

Anything that unclips, paint it. eeurgh

bazil
19-07-10, 11:36 PM
I saw this a fast and modified on Sunday and thought, how's that going to cope with a speed bump?

http://i790.photobucket.com/albums/yy181/Bazil_2468/fast%20and%20modified%202010/P7180030.jpg

paul james
20-07-10, 12:01 AM
he cant even turn the wheel more then three quarters of a turn as the wheels hit the arches

Thats why overly lowered cars are dumb. Its done just for looks, and its main function, of you know actually being a driveable car is diminshed.

To me, that car just looks broken.

Edd
20-07-10, 12:54 AM
The best thing that could happen to that shed is the crusher

Angus Closier
20-07-10, 01:02 AM
To me it looks far to low at the front. I like cars which are slammed, but that looks too much. And as stated if it dont go round corners whats the point?
Like the wheels though(not the colour).

Edd
20-07-10, 01:05 AM
Yeah second that, why paint them pink

Paul
20-07-10, 01:13 AM
Agree Lee.

How many cars are being half ruined by clowns with Gay-glo rattle cans just now?

Anything that unclips, paint it. eeurgh

You aren't a fan then Craig :(

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v14/lashednova/ALX_1478.jpg

Trendall
20-07-10, 01:42 AM

does that mean as my wheels are scrubbing (on the wheel arch) im dubbing lol
ow yeah how low can you go :d

anyway on the first picture if he lift's his engine cuts the sil's off and bens the exhaust up he can drop it another 20mm what a lazy git all that and still only a half ass'd job lol

Jack
20-07-10, 07:35 AM
To me, that car just looks broken.
Thats whatever I think when I see an overly-low car. Just reminds me of Metro's where the suspension leaks and droops lol

Rich
20-07-10, 06:27 PM

Yours isnt a 'look at me in low' type of look, its a

'WTF was the yellow and pink bluur beating my ferrari' type of look lol

Benn
20-07-10, 07:05 PM
how's that going to cope with a speed bump?

lol i cant get over speed bumps either.. Not something i worry about. Just dont drive over them.

scott.parker
20-07-10, 11:22 PM
I have something funny to add to this, the lad i work with bought my old passat off me, he's asked me a few times "Ive got this strange noise that comes and goes, like scraping, did you get the wheels scrap in the arches??" i said nope...

I had a think, then told him it's the mud flaps, there almost worn flat by now i said, they just scrub on speed bumps and when theres something/people in the back also! lol

he's asked me to give him the OE Springs for it, so im giving them to him tomorrow at work, I'll get some pics of it before after.

Scott

blue_peg_16v
21-07-10, 06:43 AM
wonder if it sounds as good as that red estate we saw in doncaster spudders

Spudly
21-07-10, 06:11 PM
wonder if it sounds as good as that red estate we saw in doncaster spudders

Definately not as this one is a 1600 and that one we saw was clearly a VR6 as it sounded cool and went like fook:d

mowgli
21-07-10, 06:16 PM
Thats whatever I think when I see an overly-low car. Just reminds me of Metro's where the suspension leaks and droops lol

jack, the hinckley posse actually undo the valves to get them onto their bump stops........

craig green
21-07-10, 06:18 PM

The thing is Paul, yours isnt a road car???? I can't describe my reasoning, but yours is acceptable IMO.

All these VAG scene victims are just copying each other in a quest to make themselves individual.

If I can work out what is wrong in that statement, then why the feck can't everyone else?

Gay-glo wheels are the new Lexus tail lamps........ lol

L14MNP
21-07-10, 09:33 PM
lol @ the scene victim! Who decided ANYTHING with a VW badge was cool? A mate of mine is mates with a guy who bought a diseasel mk3 Golf estate from a farm and rocks it totally standard (it smells lovely(!) and thinks he is cool as fcuk.

At a guess my Volvo sits lower that that (sills, floorpan, gearbox etc), and I can manage speed bumps still. I reckon that thing could but it would scrape his splitter.

He strikes me as the kind of guy that wouldn't understand the teriminology 'beached' and 'bottoming out' lol.

If that's rubbin' I don't wanna be Dubbin'! lol

Andy
21-07-10, 09:35 PM
that is a true bag of shiite

dj_wudgey
28-07-10, 02:26 PM
that looks well cool!!!

Mike
28-07-10, 02:30 PM
Gay-glo wheels are the new Lexus tail lamps........ lol

That phrase sums up Corsa C UK to a tee. Theyve been rocking on "gayglo" wheels well before zee VAG boys even considered it :confused:

Sloth
28-07-10, 04:28 PM
tru dat/\

stone effect is where its at, and i mastered that aaaaages ago. does that make me kool? (jk)

jus to add, a mate has got an audi s8 and fitted bentley rims painted gay-glo green, then slammed it. should i shiote on his bonnet?

Edd
28-07-10, 04:32 PM
No a turd deserves more than that insult

dj_wudgey
28-07-10, 09:38 PM
yea the rims look gay but other wise it looks cool lol