PDA

View Full Version : guttering

shanehandley
12-05-03, 02:52 PM
along the each side of the roof theres like a plastic guttering, sort of clips on to the guttering!

i think u will no what i mean anyway mines got cracks in some places and is a faded colour can you get no ones where and how much (for both sides)

shane.

ade
12-05-03, 02:58 PM
if its the hatch then theyre about ?15 each. I know this coz I replaced mine last year on my rebuild

Be careful though the ends damage very easily. Make sure you check it before taking it home - 2 of mine were busted before they even handed em over the counter!

looking about ?40 for both sides inc vat.

vat is summut vauxhall parts depts forget to tell you when you phone up for a part!

shanehandley
12-05-03, 03:05 PM
how do they fit and how do you get the old ones of?

mikeoxford
13-05-03, 01:24 AM
have a word with chris_w and hell tell u how he got his chrome ones

think he had them imported?

Nova-Boy
14-05-03, 05:40 PM
mine is missing on one side. Is it worth buying another one off a scrapper or should i just take the other one off? Do they not trap water and cause more rust?

ade
14-05-03, 11:31 PM
Theyre usually hend in place with black mastic.

to get them off you place yer thumbs on the underside and roll up - work along the roof line

then prise it off

To fit the new one simply add sime mastic - thin amount along roof gutter edge, then carefully lay the new trim at an angle on the edge. then push towards you and roll under the edge towards door.

It kind of snaps in place and then the mastic holds it in place / stops water getting trapped.

Ade

whitey
15-05-03, 03:39 PM
Dont bother, they look nice with them off specially if you get a respray, dont even notice really!