PDA

View Full Version : braking problem any ideas?

karl Rowntree
18-07-10, 09:06 PM
Evening all. Need alittle advice as to what might be at fault on my brakes.

Basically my brakes have gone pants, brake hard and there is no feel to the pedal, sometimes the pedal goes straight to the floor but the car still stops just not very well.

I have just taken the master cylinder off the front of the servo and noticed some fluid is leaking out but only a very very small amount.

Is it more likely to be the servo or master cylinder? I am off to Germany in it on Friday so need to sort it asap.

Cheers for reading.

Karl

Damo
18-07-10, 09:13 PM
Evening all. Need alittle advice as to what might be at fault on my brakes.

Basically my brakes have gone pants, brake hard and there is no feel to the pedal, sometimes the pedal goes straight to the floor but the car still stops just not very well.

I have just taken the master cylinder off the front of the servo and noticed some fluid is leaking out but only a very very small amount.

Is it more likely to be the servo or master cylinder? I am off to Germany in it on Friday so need to sort it asap.

Cheers for reading.

Karl

Id say it was a master cylinder fault with fluid leaking through it seals have probabily worn.

Damo.

karl Rowntree
18-07-10, 09:18 PM
Do you know if the seals can be replaced or is it a direct replacement?

Cheers

Karl

Damo
18-07-10, 09:19 PM
Do you know if the seals can be replaced or is it a direct replacement?

Cheers

Karl

Not too sure mate i think its a direct replacement tbh it probabil cheaper to just replace it than repair it.

Damo.

karl Rowntree
18-07-10, 09:25 PM
Just checked ebay, seems you can get repair kits but new cylinders are cheap as. Cheers Damo.

Any other thoughts would be gratefully received.

Cheers

Karl

Damo
18-07-10, 09:27 PM
Just checked ebay, seems you can get repair kits but new cylinders are cheap as. Cheers Damo.

Any other thoughts would be gratefully received.

Cheers

Karl

No probs mate glad i could help.

Damo.

Nick J
18-07-10, 09:34 PM
Hi Karl,

Im pretty sure I have a spare m/c from a 12k gte at work. If you want it just give me a shout and I'll post it out. Wouldnt want to see you miss the ring trip!

Edit.... I also have an sr servo in good working order too if you need it.

Nick.

karl Rowntree
18-07-10, 09:43 PM
pm sent Nick

MARTIN KELSON
18-07-10, 09:59 PM
Hi Mate

I have my servo & master cyclinder of my GSI that i removed when i went to pedal box.
Its in parents garage & your more than welcome to try it if needed.

Martin

karl Rowntree
19-07-10, 10:13 PM
Hi martin

Hope your well bud. Thanks mate, but Nick is kindly sending me a servo and cylinder to get me to Germany ;)

Thanks loads though mate, really appreciate the offer.

Cheers. Karl

MARTIN KELSON
19-07-10, 10:23 PM
No probs mate.

If you need it for any reason you know where i am.

Have a good time in Germany :)