PDA

View Full Version : Side Mount Bucket Seat

Mark
18-07-10, 07:02 PM
A bit cheeky, but worth a shot...

Does anyone have a side mount bucket seat that I could borrow for a couple of days??

Must be side mount (brackets would be a massive help too) and preferably localish so I can pick it up and return it in person.

I wouldn't need it long, I just need one to I can check seat position and steering column position before welding.

My seat won't arrive in time so would prefer not to guess positions..lol

Iain
18-07-10, 07:06 PM
Seats and mounts are different widths though, so mocking up for the wrong one may not be a good idea in the long run?

Mark
18-07-10, 07:09 PM
All side mount seats use the same side mounts and Corbeau have already given me the width of my seat inc side brackets, so technically the actual seat used won't matter. I am only interested in front to back distancing and drop on the wheel.

novarally
19-07-10, 01:07 PM
All side mount seats use the same side mounts and Corbeau have already given me the width of my seat inc side brackets, so technically the actual seat used won't matter. I am only interested in front to back distancing and drop on the wheel.

My opinion, for what it's worth, is that you should use the actual seat.

Angles of backerests vary, and the amount of padding on the base and under the legs will have an influence on your position at the wheel.

There is nothing more critical than getting the right driving position, so surely worth waiting?