PDA

View Full Version : total vauxhall live

Alex J
18-07-10, 10:34 AM
couldnt see a thread on who is going, so who is? anybody:tumble:???? , in true png style i will be burning the nova out all day if the weather is good like at spring action day, is anyone joining me, we should give the other vauxhall clubs a run for there money!! ive even got new rubber to wreck!

Benn
18-07-10, 11:20 AM
I'm there and on track but with Mig.

craig green
18-07-10, 01:17 PM
in true png style i will be burning the nova out all day if the weather is good

Is this the one that is FS? lol

Not sure I can be fooked tbh. Will see if work will let me have some play time, not that I would bother with the track time in a 1.2.

GDN16v
18-07-10, 01:20 PM
not that I would bother with the track time in a 1.2.

Why not? I bet its easily its the most economical lap of the circuit!lol

Benn
18-07-10, 06:02 PM
Yeah why not Craig, you don't have to have mega power and sparkle set up to go enjoy your self on track.

Plus its all ways good to see you and show the cars off.

craig green
18-07-10, 06:04 PM
Trouble is she handles far too well for the power available which on a track I fear would just make me do something silly like under brake & then understeer into the 1st gravel trap.

Maybe it's the ideal time to lose my track virginity though.

How much is track time & are the sessions the usual 15 combe minutes?

Benn
18-07-10, 06:06 PM
Means you can put your foot down and not lift! And don't just back the track Vs smash them up.. Yeah 10-15 mins you'll normally get about 10-13 laps in.

discoinferno
18-07-10, 06:07 PM
i'll be there :)

craig green
18-07-10, 06:11 PM
Yeah 10-15 mins you'll normally get about 10-13 laps in.

That'll be about 8 in a 1200 then.

Lee
18-07-10, 06:19 PM
We're not going in an official capacity unfortunately, we just did't have enough interest this year. Hopefull as the years go on we will gain more :)

I agree with benn Craig, take it out there :) Ill come with you if you want some pointers. Be prepared to get completely addicted though lol

MK999
18-07-10, 06:30 PM
How much is track time? If Craigs going out I have something to overtake lol

craig green
18-07-10, 06:32 PM
How much is track time? If Craigs going out I have something to overtake lol

I'll let you past, then wait so I'm not in your smoke screen. :thumb:

MK999
18-07-10, 06:34 PM
I'll let you past, then wait so I'm not in your smoke screen. :thumb:

Nowhere does it say anything about not being allowed mario kart defensive weapons lol

Benn
18-07-10, 06:35 PM
So there's no PNG stand? Cant believe people don't wanna go! I cant wait.
Sure track time is 25 notes.

craig green
18-07-10, 06:43 PM
We're not going in an official capacity unfortunately, we just did't have enough interest this year. Hopefull as the years go on we will gain more :)

I agree with benn Craig, take it out there :) Ill come with you if you want some pointers. Be prepared to get completely addicted though lol

Damn! I didnt realise we werent there as a club, seems odd to me that the interest wasnt there.

I'll pass on the extra passenger. It would slow me down & I feel like I know combe well enough having spectated there & walked around so many times now.
Still not sure about doing it but I'll give it some thought.

MK999
18-07-10, 06:47 PM
Damn! I didnt realise we werent there as a club, seems odd to me that the interest wasnt there.

I think the cut off for booking caught a lot of people out, me included, seemed to be a lot of people looking forward to it at billing, I went to book it when I got back (well shortly after, when I got paid) and found the deadline passed ages ago.

Thinking about it now I'm 99.9% sure my insurance doesn't cover track time, and given my luck recently I'm not sure I'd wanna go out there without some kind of coverage, I definitely can't afford to fix a mk5 astra I've slapped the side of or something.

Lee
18-07-10, 06:48 PM
I'll pass on the extra passenger. It would slow me down & I feel like I know combe well enough having spectated there & walked around so many times now.

:thumb: good man, to be fair its the best way to do it!

Lee
18-07-10, 06:49 PM
I think the cut off for booking caught a lot of people out, me included, seemed to be a lot of people looking forward to it at billing, I went to book it when I got back (well shortly after, when I got paid) and found the deadline passed ages ago.

Thinking about it now I'm 99.9% sure my insurance doesn't cover track time, and given my luck recently I'm not sure I'd wanna go out there without some kind of coverage, I definitely can't afford to fix a mk5 astra I've slapped the side of or something.

No insurance covers track time, and track insurance doesn't cover your car, it only covers anyone you happen to slap into. At least that was the case last time I looked into it.

blue_peg_16v
18-07-10, 06:54 PM
with mine they said i can pay an extra for upto 5 track days a year on an as and when basis which i thought was good didnt ask how much as its a while since ive hit track will hopefully do so again next year

craig green
18-07-10, 06:55 PM
So is it beyond the deadline anyway, or was that for clubs to attend?

MK999
18-07-10, 06:59 PM
No insurance covers track time, and track insurance doesn't cover your car, it only covers anyone you happen to slap into. At least that was the case last time I looked into it.

I know HIC definitely offer cover for track usage, as Chimp used to have it, and someone else has definitely mentioned it, not worried about my car tbh, it's worth close enough to sod all to not worry about too much and can be replaced quite easily, but without some sort of coverage on incidents I know I'll be more worried about that than enjoying myself on track.

edit: what I do know is my insurance doesn't have it on, if it does I can guarantee it's a mistake lol

blue_peg_16v
18-07-10, 07:20 PM
I know HIC definitely offer cover for track usage, as Chimp used to have it, and someone else has definitely mentioned it, not worried about my car tbh, it's worth close enough to sod all to not worry about too much and can be replaced quite easily, but without some sort of coverage on incidents I know I'll be more worried about that than enjoying myself on track.

edit: what I do know is my insurance doesn't have it on, if it does I can guarantee it's a mistake lol

mines with hic

if you want it have a look here but it aint cheap
http://www.moris.co.uk/
or
http://www.competition-car-insurance.co.uk/

MK999
18-07-10, 07:22 PM
I'm with Admiral paying through the nose for "no you can't do that" coverage due to someone being sat still in front of me while I was still moving :(

blue_peg_16v
18-07-10, 07:24 PM
hic's add ons are pretty impresive imo

full euro breakdown on the loon is only £39 a year

Benn
18-07-10, 07:30 PM
Hhmm might look to add track day to mine, as there's two left to do.

smcgsi16v
18-07-10, 11:46 PM
I'm there in the egg, probably could be the last track day for it as it may get sold after.

Trendall
18-07-10, 11:51 PM
im defenitly going to TV live and im in a 1.2 still be going round the track. i cant wait i want to be the first one out on the track so its not to busy as racing round a track with 29 other people kinda makes me want to change my boxer's :)

Lynsey
18-07-10, 11:53 PM
Booooooo!! I thought PNG were going. I suppose I'll have to slap the Nova on the TV stand then. Hactually might not even bother taking it as I have to take my Cav along anyway. Poor lil' China has missed out on the whole 2010 show season.

burgo
19-07-10, 12:01 AM
Booooooo!! I thought PNG were going. I suppose I'll have to slap the Nova on the TV stand then. Hactually might not even bother taking it as I have to take my Cav along anyway. Poor lil' China has missed out on the whole 2010 show season.no the booking for us closed quite early as it seemed we wern't going to get the numbers. but then no one was gonna book until after billing so it was always going to fail

Lynsey
19-07-10, 12:03 AM
I wonder how many other clubs have had the same problem?

ste porter
19-07-10, 12:04 AM
im hopefully going to be going in claires new egg and hopefully going to be kicking its teeth in on track as i have manged to get it to handle very well in my opinion would be nice to see how it holds up against other stuff on track

only fear i have is i will have cooked the brakes in the first half a lap as they seem to heat up far too easy

Lynsey
19-07-10, 12:05 AM
Cool, it'll be nice to see you both there then :) I think we're going out in Bath afterwards :cool:

ste porter
19-07-10, 12:09 AM
know anywhere near by we can stop lynz might be worth making a weekend of it

Lynsey
19-07-10, 12:12 AM
I'll get back to you on that tomorrow ;)

Benn
19-07-10, 08:11 AM
Lynz, had the Nova and take it out on track...

GRUNT 16V
19-07-10, 10:39 AM
I should be there ! i know your all looking forward to seeing me !!!!lol

Total Vauxhall
19-07-10, 12:06 PM
How do folks

Not sure if Dougie's posted this elsewhere (I did have a quick look...) but we're having a "Rare and Endangered" display at the show and thus we're in need of a few examples from the Nova camp.

Teh cars need to be as standard as possible, so no XE conversions or dubious front bumpers in the case please and you will need to be free on the 7th of August and be able to get to the circuit around 7am. In exchange for your efforts, we can provide complimentary tickets for you and a guest along with VIP stand passes.

The Novas we need are:

Nova GTE

Nova GSi

Nova SRi

Nova Sport

Nova Spider

If you have any of the above and meet the criteria then drop me an e.mail to david.reid@futurenet.com and we can sort you out from there.

Similary if anybody has an ex feature car and would like to attend, again let us know... Mr Robinson... hint hint! We had hoped 'A 16V TB' could attend but other commitments have meant it can't and neither can Gary with his SRi and we're still awaiting a call from Big Chap to see if the TB'd GSi can make it on another 1000 mile trip so soon after Billing

Regards

Dave

Dan
20-07-10, 12:01 AM
free bump, copied in club section also

Paul
20-07-10, 01:17 AM
sound limit 98dB?

Trendall
20-07-10, 01:37 AM
makes me wish i have one of these
Nova GTE

Nova GSi

Nova SRi

Nova Sport

Nova Spider

dont suppose you will settle for a run down 1.2 flair lol

Benn
20-07-10, 08:24 AM
sound limit 98dB?

Normal is 100 i was told....

Total Vauxhall
20-07-10, 05:36 PM
Ok gents, Novas are proving the heardest to track down which is kinda ironic given the Vectra C boys think the magazine should be renamed "Total Nova" so to recap, we're in need of the following cars in as near standard condition as possible, with their original engines:

Nova SR, Nova SRi, Nova GTE, Nova GSi, Nova Sport and Nova Spider

If you have such a car and cen get to Castle Combe bright and early on the 7th then we shall provide complimentary tickets for yourself and a guest, plus maybe even a free Irn Bru bar.

Regards!

craig green
20-07-10, 06:09 PM
dont suppose you will settle for a run down 1.2 flair lol

What I was going to ask. lol

Total Vauxhall
21-07-10, 11:29 AM
Anyways to update what we have and what we still desperately need:

Confirmed:

Corsa: GSi

Astra Mk1: GTE

Astra Mk2: 2 x GTE 16v, Champion, Convertible

Astra Mk3: 2 x Ph2 GSi 16v

Astra Mk4: Coupe turbo convertible, Coupe turbo Linea Rossa, 888 Coupe, SRi turbo

Astra Mk5: 2 x 888

Cavalier Mk2: Convertible, SRi130

Cavalier Mk3: SRi 16v, GSi2000 4x4, turbo

Vectra B: ST200, Supertourer V6, pre-facelift GSi saloon, facelift GSi hatch

Vectra C: GSi, Signum

Calibra: SE1 8v, turbo LE, DTM V6

RWD: Monaro VXR

Still desperately seeking:

Nova: All performance models... which defies belief to be fair!

Astra Mk2: GTE 8v

Astra Mk3: Ph1 GSi 16v, convertible

Cavalier Mk2: Calibre

Cavalier Mk3: V6

Vectra C: Edition 100

Calibra: 16v and Turbo 4x4

RWD: GSi3000, Senator, Opel Monza, VXR220, Omega MV6 Sport, Carlton Diamond, Maloo, VXR8, Bathurst S, Lotus Carlton

Classics: Again, anything and everything

All in all, pretty chuffed with the response so far and the enthusiasm of those who have already added their names to the list, just need a final little push to get certain cars and we're there... hopefully. Although I still remain amazed by the lack of cars from the Nova camp and the Retro boys.

Cheers

Jack
21-07-10, 12:35 PM
I think the problem is there's very few left in standard condition (especially engine wise), and those that do remain standard tend to venture out to only a couple of old man shows such as Billing each year.

Stuart
21-07-10, 01:02 PM
as I said on mig, get on to www.vx220.org.uk (http://www.vx220.org.uk) and ask for a VXR, the vx220 lot will be there on the day so there will most likely be a VXR with them.

And as for track insurance.... erm well. most of the time it goes knock for knock so you get your car fixed and they get theirs fixed. Track excess tends to be £1K or 10% the value of the car (whichever is greater).

so in most cases its not worth the bother (imho).
I've seen astons and ferraris hit on track and its just accepted as 'one of those things' and left to individuals to sort out

Lynsey
21-07-10, 07:27 PM
Benn- I would but I'm unsure what's happening over taking the Cavvy. Barely anyone off here is going anyway, which is a shame but as mentioned before it was due to a very early/close the Billing closing date. I might be able to get a cleanish Nova SR Dave, it's not perfect but it's standard.

Dan
21-07-10, 07:32 PM
dont worry lynz you can talk to me :tard: , i've put a few feelers out, and had a few turn it down due to other commitments but i shall keep trying :)

Lynsey
21-07-10, 07:34 PM
Well pit your feelers this way, I'm definately in :thumb: Any flyers etc to put on our screens would be good too. I don't know who has them though.

Lynsey
21-07-10, 07:34 PM
No, of course I'm not going to dangle keyrings from my nipples to draw in more members!

Dan
21-07-10, 07:42 PM
bugger, that screwed my next question :(

that would be worth keeping the feelers out for lol lol

Joe Richardson
21-07-10, 08:07 PM
would have come down in my sr,but i have other commitments going on :(

Benn
21-07-10, 08:09 PM
Benn- I would but I'm unsure what's happening over taking the Cavvy. Barely anyone off here is going anyway, which is a shame but as mentioned before it was due to a very early/close the Billing closing date. I might be able to get a cleanish Nova SR Dave, it's not perfect but it's standard.

Aaaww bet your Nova would love the track tho. There doesn't seen to be alot of interest on this one, which i think is a huge shame. But like the Speed and show day (that was very cool) if its good then it might take right off... I'm there, so you can all come say hello to me..lol

Lynsey
21-07-10, 08:33 PM
I never see you at shows... You come and say hello to me this time! I'll find out what the script is with my Cavalier. If it weren't illegal and highly pikeyish I'd tow my Nova with the truck :p

I think it'll be good but will take a couple of years to get going. It'd stand no chance without Dave and Dougie's hard work, the events people at that place don't know their arses from their elbows. I hope it does take of as it'd be nice to have a more local show :thumb:

Benn
21-07-10, 08:35 PM
You saw me at Pv..lol

All good shows start some where. Sure it will be good, well i have track time so i'll have fun...

Lynsey
21-07-10, 08:37 PM
You didn't even speak to me then buggered off to the toilet :(

burgo
21-07-10, 08:39 PM
im still tempted but wont know until closer to the time

Benn
21-07-10, 08:57 PM
You didn't even speak to me then buggered off to the toilet :(

lol following me then... I did come back tho.. but you had gone by that point. Oh and i drink 4lts a day and have a bladder the size of a 90year old lady..

I'll make a point of talking to you at Tvl.

Alex J
21-07-10, 09:08 PM
seeing as i started the thread, shall we have a FAKE png stand, and hide it somewhere in there?lol

Total Vauxhall
22-07-10, 11:03 AM
I think it'll be good but will take a couple of years to get going. It'd stand no chance without Dave and Dougie's hard work, the events people at that place don't know their arses from their elbows. I hope it does take of as it'd be nice to have a more local show :thumb:

True, the first of anything is always a step into the unknown but the official eventy type people at Future Towers have realised that PVS of years gone by wasn't what people wanted and have made some efforts to change it, hopefully TV Live will be the start of something new. But I also agree, having it on a Saturday on what is a very busy weekend in terms of otehr events wasn't ideal... but hey, least we can go out after the show and drink much Polish beer untill we're sick.

Woohoo!

:thumb:

Jack
22-07-10, 11:48 AM
Well pit your feelers this way, I'm definately in :thumb: Any flyers etc to put on our screens would be good too. I don't know who has them though.
PNG ones? I have a load. But errrmm I'm not going :( I could send some to Lee but I doubt they'd get there in time for the show.

No, of course I'm not going to dangle keyrings from my nipples to draw in more members!
Damn. I was going to empty my schedule if that was the case lol

Lee
22-07-10, 02:20 PM
Ive got a load here as well jack :)

MK999
22-07-10, 02:24 PM
Ive got a load here as well jack :)

Out of context snigger lol

Benn
22-07-10, 06:09 PM
having it on a Saturday on what is a very busy weekend in terms of otehr events wasn't ideal...

What else is on? Nothing on the Vx calendar i can think of.....

Lynsey
22-07-10, 06:18 PM
Nothing Vauxhall specific but there are a few other things on, I don't remember them all but I think TOTB is on Sunday.
Are you coming along Lee? If not I could nip up your way to pick them up if you want. I'll spread a nice display across my Nova ;)

craig green
22-07-10, 07:35 PM
I like the sound of the pi$$ up more than the event. Is that wrong?

Dan
22-07-10, 07:37 PM
I'll spread a nice display across my Nova ;)

yep and i will hand out the leaflets

Total Vauxhall
23-07-10, 10:24 AM
We now have a standard Nova GTE... he says, doing victory laps of the office. Suppose one is better than none!

Still need an SR, SRi, GSi, Sport...

Surely people, surely...!

Lynsey
25-07-10, 08:11 PM
yep and i will hand out the leaflets

Ok no probs, we'll swap for the afternoon though and I'll hand the leaflets out whicls you... lol

Might have a quite tidy SR coming, just waiting for a reply!