PDA

View Full Version : security issue with my nova....

Trendall
17-07-10, 08:39 PM
well after i removed my starter moter to see why it wont turn the engine over i found out that the bearing bit in side is fooked and i mean proper fooked springs ect bouncing around... on top of that i have just found out any key will lock and unlock my car so i have broken out my stoplock and stearing lock thingy.. also i have the starter moter in the house and the ht leads removed the battery disconnected also a very big bar locking the rear wheels with a chain round the front wheels also to add extra measure i have a glass jar full with petrol a cloth and a lighter at hand tonight to stop anyone from taking my car. i have gone extreme with security as this morning my door was unlocked and part open lets see someone try to steal my car tonight :mad: :mad: :mad: ow and anyone have a spare starter moter for a 1.2 carb???

Cle
17-07-10, 08:41 PM
I just dumped one this morning :(

John
17-07-10, 08:42 PM
Alarm?

craig green
17-07-10, 08:42 PM
I wouldnt leave any Nova without a stoplock tbh.

Trendall
17-07-10, 08:43 PM
man that sucks i need one asap and as i live in a little village i need a car to get to the scrap yard or any shops so im a bit stuck only thing i can do is bump start the car everytime

Trendall
17-07-10, 08:44 PM
no i have no alarm i have an imboliser and everything i can think to make it unsteal able might have to get my dog in the car over night aswell

brainsnova
17-07-10, 08:48 PM
hide in the boot for a laugh

Trendall
17-07-10, 08:50 PM
hide in the boot for a laugh

PMSL that sounds like a plan would have to wire up some sort of camara to get the person's reaction as i emerge from the boot with a hammer :d

swedge
17-07-10, 09:01 PM
Plus you would get £250 from you've been framed to buy a new starter, sounds like a plan

Trendall
17-07-10, 09:02 PM
/\/\/\ Pmsl

mowgli
17-07-10, 09:05 PM
you need one of these... (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=geynA-JYDHE&feature=related)

Trendall
17-07-10, 09:17 PM
na you want one of these :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fDrzMGdYWZc

Asa-James
17-07-10, 11:54 PM
Nova's will never be completely safe, I had my old one broken into years back. The only reason it wasn't taken was the ignition switch fell to pieces as the "thief" tried to snap it out. Kinda lucky, but mine have always been garaged and stoplocked after that

Trendall
18-07-10, 06:16 AM
i have broken out the stoplock im going to get central locking locks for the nova now only £15 and smooth in the locks all round that will make it harder to break in to also i was thinking of wiring a kill switch to the battery earth to cut all power to the car completly if i did that would i just cut the wire on the battery and wire a switch in to break the earth connection or is it alot more complicated then that?

Spudly
18-07-10, 10:31 AM
Lol at removing the locks on a nova making it harder to get into, nope there will always be a way you can get into one in seconds mate, decent alarm and immobiliser is all you need, that and a snap-off steering wheel cos you cant steal what you cant steer can you!

Btw is it still there this morning after you posted up on the public forum that any key fits it and exactly what was needed to be brought along with a would be thief to put on to make it run aswell lol

blue_peg_16v
18-07-10, 10:37 AM
most novas locks are like that its due to wear 80s lock technology wasnt great but even with out the lock you can use the window seal to get in i take the ecu off the loon and have a clifford alarm

alot remove the king lead very doubtfull a would be thief would be carrying one wont stop the damage they will cause but keeps the car

TeddyThom
19-07-10, 09:53 PM
mowglis video
Damn filter thingy not letting me quote due to lack of posts ah well...
lollollol

Try a snap off steering kit from fleabay, they should make your car fairly secure, and drop your insurance :thumb:

Trendall
20-07-10, 02:03 AM
Btw is it still there this morning after you posted up on the public forum that any key fits it and exactly what was needed to be brought along with a would be thief to put on to make it run aswell lol

lol lol lol yeah its still here. when i lived in reading i ust to wedge razor blades in the handle so i did that also i didnt relise this was a public forum might need admin to delete it pretty quick please :d its a pain in the ass re fitting stuff and taking it off everytime you use the car. i have a alarm but its a stark alarm and i dont have the key fob for it anyone know if they even still trade anymore? might look in to getting it fitted again. at billing i was going to buy a snap off stearing wheel and boss but the stearing wheel cost £10 :d the boss cost £90:mad: