PDA

View Full Version : Anyone clued up on Hillclimb class regulations

mk1nova_rich
17-07-10, 08:56 AM
The Nova is off into storage very shortly and the plan is to build it up over the remainder of this year and next year to have it ready for Jan 2012 as a competition-only car, with the intentions of using it for road rallying and hillclimbing. This means it needs to be built to satisfy the regulations for both types of motorsport.

It will have to keep full interior trim for road rallying so im guessing this will put me in a modified production car class. The engine will be a 1400 8 valve.

Can anyone shed light on the rules regarding the following:

Composite panels
Removal of interior parts, anything allowed?
Removal of seatbelts (fronts will be replaced with harnesses)
Removal of bumper beams and fitment of quick release pins
Fitting of front coilovers and topmounts
Fitting of a Corsa B brake pedal setupAny more info would also be greatly appreciated, thanks

Mike
17-07-10, 09:10 AM
Everything you need to know is here (http://www.msauk.org/uploadedfiles/msa_forms/bluebooks/09/Specific_Regs_Sprints_Hillclimb_Drag_Racing.pdf)

Any engine bonnet/covers and luggage/boot

covers can be replaced with an alternative material.

Suspension

The suspension configuration must remain

standard.

But Also:

99. Additions and modifications to springs, shock
absorbers or suspension height are free. The original
type of suspension must be maintained (eg a twin
wishbone set-up cannot replace a single wishbone
suspension; a sliding pillar cannot be replaced by a
MacPherson strut; a trailing link cannot be replaced by

Steve0011
17-07-10, 09:15 AM
and another usefull site is here :)

http://www.britishrally.co.uk/forum/index.php

mk1nova_rich
17-07-10, 09:18 AM
brilliant Mike, i bought a book a while back on Hillclimbing & Sprinting but it doesnt go into too much detail with individual classes :thumb:

Mike
17-07-10, 09:22 AM
brilliant Mike, i bought a book a while back on Hillclimbing & Sprinting but it doesnt go into too much detail with individual classes :thumb:

Probably because that link is the MSA 2010 regs lol

mk1nova_rich
17-07-10, 09:26 AM
yeh i know lol but i don't imagine the class regs would change that much from year to year anyway.

George g
17-07-10, 10:49 AM
For road rallying the interior must remain, unless its replaced for safety.

18.1.6. All major internal trim as fitted to the body type by its original manufacturer when offering it for sale must be retained. This trim will include headlinings, inside door panels, carpets and rear seats.

18.1.7. Front seats may be improved or replaced.

18.1.8. The trim, including the rear seat may be cut to allow the fitting of a safety cage.

Most drop the backs of the rear seats forward, take the metal out and strap them down to the bases. Don't worry about a parcel shelf either...

Also iirc, composite panels are not allowed. Suspension is free, as are brakes.