PDA

View Full Version : Speaker wireng

Lewis.heard
16-07-10, 11:09 AM
on my nova i've not got rear speakers, only the front 2. thers no wiring for any rear speakers at all, i want to put a pair of 6.5" in the back on a stealth shelf, can i run new wires straight into the existing radio connector block or will i have to get a new radio and go through an amp?

daleNOVAbrennan
16-07-10, 06:03 PM
run new wires to the block athe back of your stereo.

Yung Deano
16-07-10, 09:22 PM
on the back of the sterio with all the wires, look for any wires witch are 2 colours and they are your specker wires oversly you will have 2 going to your front already make up new wire and run it all the way to the back goin out into 2 for each 6x9 mate,or run new wire of the front speackers to the back short cut

Benn
16-07-10, 09:28 PM
Pair of green wires, pair of grey, pair of white and a pair of purple.

They are on the back of the ISO plug on the back of the head unit.

Lewis.heard
19-07-10, 11:33 AM
oh right klkl, cheers fella's i wanted to make sure i could do it.

leenovagsi
23-09-10, 06:47 PM
easy way to tell if your headunit can run 4 speakers open your menu and see if thers a front to rear fader f---r if so benns rite about the colours out the back if theres only two channels for just fronts DONT run another set of wires as this changes ohms the frequency your speakers work at so it will destroy em

Nickb
14-10-10, 10:30 PM
Failing the above buy a small amp presuming your headunit has RCA preouts? Sound better too ;)