PDA

View Full Version : Joe Czucha's Nova Is Dead

joeczucha
11-05-03, 06:16 PM
- Pulling up to T junction
- Going about 20mph
- Twat in open top Merc cuts corner totally, even though i was totally visible, and hits me front on.
- Bummer

http://www.novaload.net/forums/album_see.php?id=848

Looks like a write-off... shame coz of all the time and money i spent on it - but i should be able to get a 1.4SRi now though

Anyone legal/claiming advice? Probably gonna claim then buy back for spares. J

Fester
11-05-03, 06:23 PM
damn looked like a tidy one

Jim
11-05-03, 06:33 PM
:( Matt mentioned something this morning about you being hit. Sorry to hear about that, stupid Merc drivers :roll:

Jim

RobHardyUK
11-05-03, 07:07 PM
bloody nazis.

Snowface
11-05-03, 07:28 PM
i'm not sure if the nazi's made or owned Mercedes, but then again don't quote me on that. :? :?:

jatinder
11-05-03, 08:15 PM
shit mate feel really sorry for you mate, well move onto bigger and better things :)

mikeoxford
11-05-03, 08:33 PM
:( think of it as a milestone and something to move on from - look forward to the future, not back on what hapanned

thats what i did

and i got one hell of an SR of a beast out of it

sorry about that dude

Mel
11-05-03, 09:21 PM
unlucky mate..

claim as much as you can off the person in the mercedes!

Paul
11-05-03, 10:04 PM
Do like our yankee brothers. Sue the bastard for whatever you can.

?Marty?
11-05-03, 10:24 PM
Did you have a car full of passengers all now suffering from whiplash too?

Paul
11-05-03, 10:26 PM
And the counselling bills for the mental trauma that they devastatingly had to suffer. Remember you may have some fear which needs compensating for. :wink:

Jules
11-05-03, 10:40 PM
Oh and the spiralling cost of bus fare to and from work and the doctors because of your now 'sporadic headaches', all those phone calls to insurance comapnys and bodyshops can also mount up can't they.........
:o

ade
11-05-03, 11:13 PM
make sure he takes full responsibility. .

Buy car back from insurance - looks only superficial - does it stiill run or did the rad take a hit?

make a great project car!

seems a shame to condem it to the scrappy for minor front end damage

especially after work you done on it!

Ste_Nova
12-05-03, 12:01 PM
what the fuck!!! thats not a wite off only needs a bit of bashing out and a couple of new parts.... just buy it back and bung on the bits needed

for now put a bolt through the stripe line and through the wing to hold the bumper on

Dave
12-05-03, 12:09 PM
depends what it looks like under the bonnet.
joe if you still got the car ring me an i'll come take a look, if it ain't too bad find a nice 14 lump an transplant it to get rid of that nasty 1ltr engine

novamark
12-05-03, 12:10 PM
i thought it was a bit light damage to be a write off too! prick in the mercedes! shame about the car, looked really clean. sorry to see/hear that mate.

Aragorn
12-05-03, 12:41 PM
only thing u gorra watch is if the insurance man comes out to inspect it they mat just write it off as BER and give you the cars worth

little tip tho

if your claim for the vehicle damages is UNDER ?250 labour - they wont bother inspecting it and will normally just pay out :)

thats what happened to me

i phoned up and told em it was gonna cost ?250 to fix

she said ok send me quote and well send u cheque

Ste_Nova
12-05-03, 01:26 PM
depends what it looks like under the bonnet.

nahh thats a 2 hour fix for me if i bought it as salvage... i've even got a passenger side wing in that colour!!! and an aged bumper to match!!

joeczucha
12-05-03, 08:33 PM
dave, its at manchetts recovery but i gotta head up there and get my head unit so i'll ring you before i do not sure when though

joeczucha
12-05-03, 08:39 PM
Ooooh almost forgot, got a nice Corsa courtesy car today - think its a 1L but its not bad... Been doing some crazy shit thrashing around today - handbrakes, skids and wheelspins, as well as redlining it for most of the day (i got mechanical failure insurance 8) as part of the hiring conditions), and made the brakes smoke! All paid for by his insurance, got it for a week! Yipee! J

Ste_Nova
13-05-03, 12:34 AM
you had a car.... would be more ??? to drive round in urs and cut a deal with the garage for the ??