PDA

View Full Version : something i noticed when looking at the vboa pics

mowgli
15-07-10, 01:10 PM
don't worry, its nothing rude....

its just that.......for all the talk about gsi bumpers & speedlines, the cars at billing (and the nats for that matter) were a really varied selection. i remember going to original png stuff back in the day & everything had to be a gsi rep, painted in a non factory colour, with a bee sting aerial & speedlines, tints, large install etc.... but i don't think there were 2 cars the same.

did any of the novas at billing even have a bee sting aerial??

bmw156
15-07-10, 01:20 PM
don't worry, its nothing rude....

its just that.......for all the talk about gsi bumpers & speedlines, the cars at billing (and the nats for that matter) were a really varied selection. i remember going to original png stuff back in the day & everything had to be a gsi rep, painted in a non factory colour, with a bee sting aerial & speedlines, tints, large install etc.... but i don't think there were 2 cars the same.

did any of the novas at billing even have a bee sting aerial??
doesnt vaughns?

Jack
15-07-10, 01:21 PM
Fashion changes all the time. You only have to look on here to see people are fed up with the GSi/Speedline/XE setup. I decided to stick with my quadlights so mine wasn't so run of the mill from the outside

I shall pioneer the GSi/Saloon/V6 setup lol

mowgli
15-07-10, 01:22 PM
he didn't show with us, he was Just OVer there...........

bazil
15-07-10, 01:23 PM
I took great pleasure ripping the sting of my nova last week :)

bmw156
15-07-10, 01:23 PM
the black J reg wit the kinda " spider web" wheels has a B sting lol.

and yeh things are always changing.

Jack
15-07-10, 01:24 PM
I did take a snap of Vaughan's car whilst it was parked next to our stand on Saturday(?) night, but didn't see him. Mind you, I don't know what he looks like so for all I know I could have walked straight past him lol

the black J reg wit the kinda " spider web" wheels has a B sting lol.

and yeh things are always changing.
Nick Caro's old car?

mowgli
15-07-10, 01:24 PM
martin, were you even there?????

bmw156
15-07-10, 01:25 PM
that takes the biscuit abit, some of the big members on this site choose to show with other groups. fair enough!

edit - mowgli, dont ask lol. on my way, happily for the first time, then my golf decided to spit its crank seal out and that ended my journey to billing lol :(

mowgli
15-07-10, 01:28 PM
have you checked the breather isn't blocked???? thats classic cause for a crank seal........

bazil
15-07-10, 01:35 PM
I want to break my addiction to speedlines but I have a gsi with a laguna splitter and momo steering wheel! Is there any hope for me?

And under NO circumstance will a XE be fitted

mowgli
15-07-10, 01:37 PM
if you did fit an XE, there is a much higher chance of the other bits coming off, on the first hedge you meet

bazil
15-07-10, 01:41 PM
The only comfort I take is that the speedlines on mine are really old and been on the car for ages, 1994 iirc

wwmnw
15-07-10, 02:08 PM
I decided to stick with my quadlights so mine wasn't so run of the mill from the outside

Lol I want a quad light set up (and may have found one) and after seeing a pic of your car you've given me an idea, which you've already done :( lol

bmw156
15-07-10, 02:16 PM
have you checked the breather isn't blocked???? thats classic cause for a crank seal........

well, befor the breather was full up of poo and split. so i changed it for a new aftermarket one.

it had been leaking oil for a while and i thought it was sump gasket ( it still might be). in the back of my mind i thought the crank seal could beon its way out.

and then it went after an hour or so of motorway driving lol.

Jack
15-07-10, 03:07 PM
Lol I want a quad light set up (and may have found one) and after seeing a pic of your car you've given me an idea, which you've already done :( lol
If its "insert BMW lamps", its a PITA to do lol

wwmnw
15-07-10, 03:09 PM
If its "insert BMW lamps", its a PITA to do lol

Twin reverse and fog, although I probably wont do it, did you put it in your project thread? Do you even have a project thread?

Jack
15-07-10, 03:59 PM
No, I abandoned it years ago as I was too lazy to actually do any work on the car at the time aside from paint the odd bit of trim repeatedly.

As for the twin reverse/twin fog, I did put up a thread when I did it, but the general reaction was one of apathy. lol

I did do some wiring diags and a how to, but didn't bother putting it up as nobody seemed interested.

[edit] assuming you mean in the same housing using twin reverse clusters like I did?

wwmnw
15-07-10, 04:24 PM
No, I abandoned it years ago as I was too lazy to actually do any work on the car at the time aside from paint the odd bit of trim repeatedly.

As for the twin reverse/twin fog, I did put up a thread when I did it, but the general reaction was one of apathy. lol

I did do some wiring diags and a how to, but didn't bother putting it up as nobody seemed interested.

[edit] assuming you mean in the same housing using twin reverse clusters like I did?

Yeah that's what I mean.

Found the post
http://www.pngclub.com/forum/showpost.php?p=1468897&postcount=8

blue_peg_16v
15-07-10, 05:43 PM
my loon is gsi with a let but i have senika alloys and a vr6 spliter

Lee
15-07-10, 05:47 PM
Still too many Mk1's about for my liking.

.... roffle lol

wwmnw
15-07-10, 06:54 PM
Still too many Mk1's about for my liking.

.... roffle lol

Amen to that.

Lynsey
15-07-10, 06:59 PM
Early mk1s are usually better shells and ALWAYS better looking ;)

wwmnw
15-07-10, 07:08 PM

I agree with up to "and" but not after, not at all. Think of the MK1 as an ageing woman who really cares about her looks but could look better and knows it, as time goes on and things start to sag and look out of place she gets them rectified with a facelift and looks 10X better for it.

blue_peg_16v
15-07-10, 07:23 PM

i agree perfect bas for a gsi rep

Lee
15-07-10, 08:06 PM
i agree perfect bas for a gsi rep

LOL lol

Mike
15-07-10, 08:27 PM
I heard Mk1's are better to ram raid with :confused:

Lynsey
15-07-10, 08:42 PM
I reckon you need a Carlton for successful ram raiding!

You get some right wonky mk2s as well though :p

Mike
15-07-10, 08:43 PM
I reckon you need a Carlton for successful ram raiding!

You get some right shonky mk1s as well though :p

Yea, Lotus Carlton or a nice Cav Turbo. They'd probably be better for a spot of knock a door run like.

Lee
15-07-10, 08:48 PM
Cav Turbo..

Now you're talking. Get the bugger rolling before impact to make sure every panel gets a good pasting :)

Mike
15-07-10, 08:50 PM
Now you're talking. Get the bugger rolling before impact to make sure every panel gets a good pasting :)

And set it on fire afterwards. Cant forget that bit. Fire, ****loads of it, everywhere :cool:

wwmnw
15-07-10, 08:51 PM
Someone doesn't like Cav turbo's lol

Mike
15-07-10, 08:51 PM

Cav's are really good cars, but Ive always wanted to plough one into a shop front :cool: and the extra VTecs from a Tubro would be better for pulling the cash machines out the floor :)

wwmnw
15-07-10, 08:52 PM
I like that idea Mike.

blue_peg_16v
15-07-10, 08:56 PM
dont forget to takr the engine out and put it in a nova

Mike
15-07-10, 08:57 PM
dont forget to takr the engine out and put it in a nova

Why would I want to do something stupid like that for lol lol Id sell it to 106 owner instead lol lol lol

Lee
15-07-10, 09:02 PM

TBH I'm pretty indifferent to them, but it winds up Spudders when I say how much i want to destroy one for fun. :d

Same as french cars really. I have no real evidence to back up my claims of how crap they are, it just winds up Darren (and occasionally Mike) when I do :)

blue_peg_16v
15-07-10, 09:06 PM
spudders hates them being called donor cars lol

Mike
15-07-10, 09:07 PM
TBH I'm pretty indifferent to them, but it winds up Spudders when I say how much i want to destroy one for fun. :d

Same as french cars really. I have no real evidence to back up my claims of how crap they are, it just winds up Darren (and occasionally Mike) when I do :)

Why you think my Pug Sport coat always comes to GM shows with me :cool:

spudders hates them being called donor cars lol

Denile? (Not the place in Eygpt either).

Tina
15-07-10, 11:17 PM
Both mine and mazz's car have bee stings can't belive nobody noticed them!

craig green
15-07-10, 11:26 PM
Both mine and mazz's car have bee stings can't belive nobody noticed them!
I'll take a picture next time. Someone actually had to drill a hole in your roof to fit it though... That might be why they arent all the rage these days! :thumb:

Lee
15-07-10, 11:30 PM
I'll take a picture next time. Someone actually had to drill a hole in your roof to fit it though... That might be why they arent all the rage these days! :thumb:

Unless its a stick-on lol

bazil
15-07-10, 11:46 PM
Mine was on with sealer and super glue! glad I'm rebuilding or the roof would have needed paint,

Tina
16-07-10, 08:04 PM
I drilled a hole in the roof on the grey nova to fit the bee sting, can't say about mazz's car it was like that when he brought it.

Jeff16v
16-07-10, 08:52 PM
not good for me then, form an orderly line; i have the following

MK2
GSI
Bee sting ariel
Overwieght engine
Speedlines

Does that mean i have to join another clublol

Too many loons iMO

craig green
16-07-10, 09:00 PM
Dont worry Jeff, pretty soon GSi's are going to look rare. Retro-mania is in full effect!

Hobbit
16-07-10, 09:01 PM
I have the GSI kit but my car is the wrong colour to be a rep, so I r safe :)

also got the wrong engine but meh

Mike
16-07-10, 09:06 PM
I have the GSI kit but my car is the wrong colour to be a rep, so I r safe :)

also got the wrong engine but meh

I thought a 2.0 was standard issue Nova lol lol

Jeff16v
16-07-10, 09:08 PM
given that most of us are on the way to spud size, a small block would cost a fortune to tune enough to drag middle age spread.

Our only weight loss is our hairlol

Lee
16-07-10, 09:25 PM
MK2

You can stay lol

Jeff16v
16-07-10, 09:32 PM
You can stay lol

Thanks, thought i was going to have to buy a roller and paint it a non standard colour or weld an ar$e on itlol

blue_peg_16v
16-07-10, 10:03 PM
Too many loons iMO

tell me about it built mine to be different all those years ago there fecking everywere now lol