PDA

View Full Version : hid headlight conversion

ash anderson
14-07-10, 07:20 PM
Hello all if anyone could help me it would be apreciated,
Basically I want some hid's in my nova what needs replacing etc? Will headlight holders need replaceing due to them melting etc all I need is what I'd need to do.

bazil
14-07-10, 07:23 PM
read this first

http://www.pngclub.com/forum/showthread.php?t=150124

the general opinion is its not worth it.

Spudly
14-07-10, 07:26 PM
This will all depend on what kit you end up with as some cheapo ones are not designed for older headlights and will just 'splash' light everywhere and upset other motorists and probably earn you a stop by the feds for them too, some kits like the one i had in my cav, have the beam diffuser over the front of the 'bulb' looks like a metal protector type thingy but the bounces the light back into your headlight and helps the light disperse correctly, unfortunately i cant give you any info as the where this kit came from as he did a massive local group buy but wouldnt reveal his suppliers lol

Jack
14-07-10, 10:46 PM
The only kits I've seen with a diffuser will be H4 solenoid kits, which are pretty common these days.

As above, its not worth it in OEM Nova headlamps. The light pattern is shoite.

Spudly
14-07-10, 10:48 PM
Well that type i had in my cav and had it checked on the light beam pattern dohicky thing at work and beam pattern was perfect:thumb:

Jack
14-07-10, 10:51 PM
Thats because the light pattern is primarily down to the grading on the lens, not the bulb itself.

I have yet to see a pic of Nova headlamps that give a good light output with HIDs.

Spudly
14-07-10, 10:54 PM
Joffs, not sure what make or colour temp he has, but he has a Bi-Xenon kit and iirc his patterns are correct too:p

Jack
15-07-10, 08:00 AM
Pic of beam pattern or GTFO