PDA

View Full Version : Airbox sounds

adam2472
11-05-03, 12:05 AM
ive recently taken the air intake pipe thingy of me standard 1.0L airbox in an attempted to get it soundin more beefy.. its has worked a little i htink.. more noticable when revs are high..

nehows when messin round with it all i noticed that there is moveable plastic plate which either covers 1 whole in the box and leaves the other open or the other way around at the moment it is set in the middle ..covering 1/2 of each one.. what is the whole out of the back of the airbox and what is the best postion to have the plastic plate thing set at for best sound..

im planin on drilling some holes in it soon as i have been told from previous post that it can sounds better than paying out for a K&N.. and i caney afford 1 at the min neither lol

cheers
adam

mikeoxford
11-05-03, 12:09 AM
im seeing my cousin 2moro, ill get some pics off his airbox as people always ask how to do it, never any pics.

it does make a diffrence, u do notice it

the flap is so that in the winter u can cut off the cold air supply and uyse just warm to stop carb freezing and help the running of the car. just open it so the hole is open.

then drill as many holes in the outside as you can without removing its strength, we drilled two, about one and a half inch holes, between each clip.

adam2472
11-05-03, 12:26 AM
ah rite i c! perhaps thats y me car wasnt starting so well this past winter!

learn somin new on ere everyday!!

mikeoxford
11-05-03, 12:29 AM
if u look on the top of the airbox there should be markings (or it may be on the side

one says norm

one says sommer and winter (what ever the foreign is for winter

Nova-Boy
11-05-03, 01:46 PM
on my 1.2 air box i disconnected the inlet pipe and drilled holes all the way round the sides and in the lid and didn't notice much difference to be honest? does sone a little different but with the motorbike exhaust cant hear it anyway!