PDA

View Full Version : 1.2i fuel tank internal fuel pump?

Grey
12-07-10, 03:12 PM
helloooo need help.....

what do i do with the internal fuel pump on my 1.2i tank? needing to hook up my c20xe fuel pump which is external normally sits next to tank? but as my 1.2 pump is inside my fuel tank what do i do ????? :wtf: :confused:

cheers

mowgli
12-07-10, 03:16 PM
go & buy one for an astra mk3 with mpi. it is a straight swap.

then sell the xe pump to people who have the older style tank

davidfox280585
12-07-10, 03:23 PM
helloooo need help.....

what do i do with the internal fuel pump on my 1.2i tank? needing to hook up my c20xe fuel pump which is external normally sits next to tank? but as my 1.2 pump is inside my fuel tank what do i do ????? :wtf: :confused:

cheers

this may be pikey but its how i did it as i tried a cav internal and could not get it to pressure right,

firstly i removed the pump,
removed the guts from the pump leaving the metal part with the pipe connection on which bolts into the tank(6 bolts)
fitted a long piece of rubber fuel hose on the underside of the pump metal clip tightened and lowered it back into the tank
i then measured the rubber hose till it was sitting on the bottom inside the swirl pot, i then cut on an angle so it would never sit flush on the tank bottom and starve
once i was happy i bolted the pump casing back into the tank top connected my hose on and linked the external xe pump inlinethis will be the cheapest and easiest way in my opinion as you have the parts to do it already

otherwise gsi?gte tank and pump conversion or mpi internal(which i tried and gave me hassle so i did it my way,others may think my way isnt correct but it works perfect fuels properly no leaks and gave me no hassle

good luck:thumb:

Lee
12-07-10, 04:25 PM
I did that on my Frontera when the pump died. It does work to be fair, but as you say, its muchos pikeyos lol

If it were me id just bung a GTE tank on it for ease. I dont trust internal pumps, never will.

AlexW
12-07-10, 04:50 PM
I have the correct mpi pump for sale if you need one.

I prefer it to the externally mounted setup personally.