PDA

View Full Version : wheel spacers?

j00mes
12-07-10, 01:27 PM
hello all

I just acquired some 15" 6j alloys and was wondering what size spacers to fit to avoid rubbing on full lock etc i know i will have to roll arches but i dont want to go to thick so just enough clearance really?!

MK999
12-07-10, 01:29 PM
6j will be fine at ET 49 as long as you have standard struts or coilovers that have the platforms above the tyre.

j00mes
12-07-10, 01:44 PM
6j will be fine at ET 49 as long as you have standard struts or coilovers that have the platforms above the tyre.

yeah they et49 its a set of cesaros. got a set of ronals et47 at mo an their is slight rubbing at nearly full lock!
standard struts at the mo but coilovers going on at same time hopefully, only jamex but its wot i can afford at mo!!

MK999
12-07-10, 01:45 PM
only jamex but its wot i can afford at mo!!

Get a second hand set of struts/springs, will be far far better and far cheaper

j00mes
12-07-10, 01:57 PM
Get a second hand set of struts/springs, will be far far better and far cheaper

unfortunatly i already got em :(

MK999
12-07-10, 02:00 PM
unfortunatly i already got em :(

Then dont spend money on downgrading suspension :p seriously, badly made coilovers are not worth the cash at all, lots of the cheaper kits dont even fit properly, save up for something decent or stick with half decent struts and springs.

j00mes
12-07-10, 02:15 PM
Then dont spend money on downgrading suspension :p seriously, badly made coilovers are not worth the cash at all, lots of the cheaper kits dont even fit properly, save up for something decent or stick with half decent struts and springs.

what flavour would you recommend as i fairly new to all this an since buyin the coilovers have had several bad reports!
I replaced the standard buggered ones with like for like after gettin a tellin off from mot guy lol kyb excel i think they r! dya reckon it worth leavin them on an jus replacin springs or change struts/dampers with springs?

j00mes
12-07-10, 02:25 PM
what flavour would you recommend as i fairly new to all this an since buyin the coilovers have had several bad reports!
I replaced the standard buggered ones with like for like after gettin a tellin off from mot guy lol kyb excel i think they r! dya reckon it worth leavin them on an jus replacin springs or change struts/dampers with springs?
would an apex sport kit be better shocks an springs?

MK999
12-07-10, 03:07 PM
apex sport handled very nicely on mine :thumb: