PDA

View Full Version : Lumpy Idle and sick of it

nova_saloon
12-07-10, 12:31 AM
Had my c20xe engine for a while. but it has always pissed me off because it has never idled properly, its up and down and sounds like a bag of **** to be honest, you give it gold and it goes extremely well, just on idle it is pants, just the idle control valve, nothing changed, changed the air flow meter, nothing changed, checked rubbers for air leaks, no leaks, changed spark plugs, done a compression test all fine. no ecu faults on the system. ive changed the injectors, nothing. fuel pump i have changed. nothing. i am seriously unbelieveably sick with it! its just annoying watching and listening to it going up and dropping up and dropping,never has it sat at or anywhere near 800 rpm. also changed the coil pack, nothing. what could it possibly be? i really cant take it, ive poored in so much money time and effort, for it to run like a bag of crap! help please!

nova_saloon
12-07-10, 03:42 PM
bttt

Plug
12-07-10, 03:57 PM
is it timed up correctly?

Andy
12-07-10, 03:57 PM
is the vac from the throttle body-reg attached?

Plug
12-07-10, 04:02 PM
/\ was going to say lumpy idle is most probs a vac hose not on or letting enough air through my C16xe idled crap with crap vac hose on

nova_saloon
12-07-10, 06:38 PM
is the vac from the throttle body-reg attached?
its got one, and is attached, to the fuel pressure regulator. coil pack engine remeber. i will have a better look at it.

craig green
12-07-10, 06:42 PM
Under the SFi, theres a banjo screwed into the inlet manifold with a vac pipe on it, the hole in the banjo is micro tiny & will no doubt be gunked up with sludge.

Remove it & drill it out as cleaning it probably wont be successfull.

Seeing as you have addressed most other things, I'd try that. However for checking all the sensors, they are only as good as the loom connecting them, but that should throw up a code.

Rich
12-07-10, 07:30 PM
^ Dont drill the hole out too big though

There should be 2 vacum pipes on your throttle body, one to fpr and other goes to the fuel tank vent valve. Block the vent valve one off but leave the connecter plugged in the sensor

Trendall
12-07-10, 07:30 PM
im not sure if it is the vac pipe but on my astra there was a tiny pipe on the back of the air inlet and this had come off this caused this to make my car idle funny. the ecu ect never had any faults all it was was looking for the tinyest thing tbh if the pipe is attached at the back then check the connecter and see if it has any gunk in it if not then id check to make sure the engine is timed up properly also if that fails id have a look at the cam and valves to make sure non of them are broke or missing. i rebuilt an engine once and knocked off a valve by accident make sure it all done. if all the above fails im out of idea's good luck with it and let us know what it was if you get it fixed :)

nova_saloon
15-07-10, 07:23 PM
right cleaned out that hole, just managed to poke it all free, but wasnt easy, no drilling luckily, but still no better. i seriously have no idea, and getting so stressed with it all.

moffat
15-07-10, 07:51 PM
is it cammed?

nova_saloon
15-07-10, 08:21 PM
nope she be not cammed

nova_saloon
15-07-10, 08:23 PM
is there anything that i have missed, sooooo sick of it. ive been out there since five, fitted a ecotech adapter plate thinking that the SFI box isnt sitting properly, and replaced the plug at the afm to see if that sorted it. no luck. it has been with me far to long. i will soon get to the point where i will bin it or sell it. so ****ing angry

Yung Deano
16-07-10, 08:38 PM
clean out the dizzy cap or new one and check the leads may need new ones it wouldnt be the fuel pump,may be over fueling mate

nova_saloon
17-07-10, 01:04 AM
nope emission came back great, leads i cant see there being a fault with them, and its a coil pack type, im making up a fresh loom for it as wel speak. like has been said, sensors are only as good as the loom that connects them!