PDA

View Full Version : oil into water xe:(

davidfox280585
10-07-10, 09:45 PM
checked the header on the cab full of oil, its a c20xe by the way

i checked the oil no signs of mayo though the water system is full of oil, planning on pulling the head off but unsure if its porous as its a gm head,is this common and is this a sign of being porous was guaranteed it was a good engine too,

if BIG IF it is porous i may cut my losses and fit a let,if its just gasket i will repair it and see summer out then fit a let,

any comments regarding my issue will be much appreciate it as im unsure whether to pull it to bits fully:(

djbrowney
10-07-10, 09:49 PM
if it is porus after checking the gasket, just get it fixed cheap and easy fix !!!

davidfox280585
10-07-10, 09:50 PM
if it is porus after checking the gasket, just get it fixed cheap and easy fix !!!
please explain how as im unsure whether its worth it just it has full mot 6 months tax so ideally fix her up to run for a bit how will i tell if it is porous

simonm
10-07-10, 09:51 PM
is it actually possible to succesfully make a porus head not porus ie repair it

davidfox280585
10-07-10, 09:54 PM
sure there is a thread on how to browney i know you did the mod how to mod it but will need to look at how to repair the guy i bought the engine from was about 50 and genuine and came from a mot fail calibra so i beleive it was ok just with not being used has done it as its been sat 2 and half year

simonm
10-07-10, 10:02 PM
i seen that thread just wondering does it work and how long will it last after wards as my own head is gm just so i no if it ever does become porus and is there any thing to help prevent it sorry to hijack your thread but maybe well both get answers to help

djbrowney
10-07-10, 10:10 PM
not hurd of people having a problem when done properley i gave mine to gaz-d and they done mine with the external and they havent ever had a problem and that get 300bhp of nitrious stuffed down its neck every time they use it

davidfox280585
10-07-10, 11:37 PM
so what does the repair consist of and what is the internal mod they do?

djbrowney
10-07-10, 11:45 PM
They conseal the oil way inside the head and put an external one on the end of the head buddy !

davidfox280585
10-07-10, 11:56 PM
They conseal the oil way inside the head and put an external one on the end of the head buddy !
Ahh sounds about right then for the issue i have, anyone on this site repair and mod them?

djbrowney
11-07-10, 10:07 AM
pm gaz-d over on migweb for external or if you dont want to do internal and dont want to do it your self i dont mind doing it buddy

davidfox280585
11-07-10, 03:09 PM
pm gaz-d over on migweb for external or if you dont want to do internal and dont want to do it your self i dont mind doing it buddy
many thanks browney i have seen your external mod in your project thread a while ago a nice neat mod,
though im going to attempt it in car and see how i get on,
im going for the internal mod, im fairly confident with having a go,if it doesnt cure it i will remove the head,
dont get me wrong it could be the gasket gone but either way it wants modding so with it on the car i will try it first i have got a fair bit of info off the net heres the link if anybody is interested inclusing cut down head pics

thanks to djbrowney for the offer of repair also:thumb:
link
http://www.orsas.com/CarStuff/cav/info.php

djbrowney
11-07-10, 03:29 PM
this is proper proper ****ing pikey but i have always wondered if you could just remove the middle head bolt with the engine still in the car slide the tube in and just do the bolt back up !!!

But thats proper pikey and havent ever had a head go porus lol

davidfox280585
11-07-10, 07:47 PM
this is proper proper ****ing pikey but i have always wondered if you could just remove the middle head bolt with the engine still in the car slide the tube in and just do the bolt back up !!!

But thats proper pikey and havent ever had a head go porus lol
supposedly yes though check the torque setting of the bolt before removal,then refit and torque 2nm extra than what was apparently,

this is how people do it in situe i think its pikey but if it works worse case i have to remove the head

Damo
11-07-10, 09:51 PM
supposedly yes though check the torque setting of the bolt before removal,then refit and torque 2nm extra than what was apparently,

this is how people do it in situe i think its pikey but if it works worse case i have to remove the head

The only problem being if any oil runs into the bolt hole when you take the bolt out itll hydraulic when you retorque it as i though about this as i need to do this mod too.

davidfox280585
12-07-10, 12:52 AM
The only problem being if any oil runs into the bolt hole when you take the bolt out itll hydraulic when you retorque it as i though about this as i need to do this mod too.
the oil is designed to run round the bolt damen the pics show this mate so i think should be ok i will let you all know how i get on i the week:)

davidfox280585
13-07-10, 06:40 PM
ordered my tube today for this so not long now to see if it cures it
the tube was 8mm item from ebay