PDA

View Full Version : leccy windows

kenny_lad
10-05-03, 04:02 PM
yea ive got the swithes for the centre console n the black plugs on the end of it just none of the wires to connect eveything up, ill sort summit out no doubt :?

Ben (lurk75)
10-05-03, 05:58 PM
we have got the loom kicking round somewhere will see if i can fish it out for you.

ade
11-05-03, 01:24 PM
ok, check haynes for wiring diagram but its pretty simple (I think)page 14.38 for 1992 nova

There are 5 pins on the switches

(Left hand switch s37 in haynes)

Pin 1 (1) yellow to yellow wire on left window motor
Pin 2 (5) blue to blue wire on left window motor
Pin 4 (4) brown to earth on car
Pin 3 (2) white to fuse box (30 amp) in fuse plug F11

(Right hand switch s78 in haynes)

Pin 1 (1) yellow red to yellow red wire on right window motor
Pin 2 (5) blue red to blue red wire on left window motor
Pin 4 (4) brown to earth on car
Pin 3 (2) white to fuse box (30 amp) in fuse plug F11

Wires into the motors - if you aint got them, you'll need to test which goes where - ones will go up and one down - just swap em about intil both go the right way.

numbers above are based on wiring diagram in haynes. The ones in brackets are printed outside the switch, the others are orinted inside - I think the inside ones are on the actual switch.

Ade

kenny_lad
11-05-03, 10:40 PM
cheers ben mate if u find any loom just let me know ok, thanks ade mate u know ur stuff i was lookin at haynes manuel but wasnt makin full sense, that explanation helps a lot, ill have a look at it all n c wot wires are comin out of the motors. just to clear one thing up ive got both arms the motors on them and the black switch box for the centre console, obviusly i aint got the main loom but can u think of out else im missing? cheers dan :)

mikeoxford
11-05-03, 11:44 PM
can u think of out else im missing? cheers dan :)

a fuse for the blank space in the fusebox :lol: