PDA

View Full Version : Over fueling

swedge
09-07-10, 04:31 PM
After a few weeks of waiting for a new ecu it arrived plugged it in and the car started first time ran for a couple mins then cut out checked the plugs and they were black

I've replaced the map sensor and fitted new plugs but still does the same

it's a c14se from a Corsa any ideas why it's over fueling

No error codes either

craig green
09-07-10, 04:38 PM
check the cam timing is correct, also try another CTS sensor. Thats the main culprit for poor running & over fuelling.

Bin the plugs & buy more. NGK's. single electrode jobs.

swedge
09-07-10, 04:58 PM
Where is the cts located? I'm using ngk plugs with the single electrode

swedge
09-07-10, 05:53 PM
Found the cts I unplugged it and got it started for a couple seconds but ran the exact same plugged in or not, getting a new one in the morning so will try that

wouldn't it come up as a fault if it wasn't working?

craig green
09-07-10, 06:27 PM
Where is the cts located? I'm using ngk plugs with the single electrode

But your plugs will be wet fouled, when soaked in fuel they are pretty much fecked, sure they might still work but not very well.

CTS doesnt always throw up a code, the resistance will change depending on its state & the ECU will simply use this as a reference for cold/hot fuelling conditions & depending on how complex the ECU is maybe adjust the timing also.

Fit a new genuine Bosch item & throw in some new NGK plugs gapped properly according to Haynes figures. :thumb:

Any air leaks in the induction pipe between the filter & TB?

swedge
09-07-10, 07:23 PM
No air leaks but I do have 1 vac pipe that I've had to put a bolt in because i have no where for it to go

I have 3 altogether 1 for the fuel rail 1 for the map sensor and the spare one I've tried swapping the spare one on to the map sensor but makes no difference

The one closest to the air filter is the one with the bolt in the middle one to the map sensor and the one on the right to the fuel rail