PDA

View Full Version : RANT

mikeoxford
10-05-03, 12:09 PM
:evil:

duno if this is the time or the place - ades havin trouble with his engine and mines running sweet (VERY sweet) but i dont wannit :roll:

even though i only had a 1.4 before, it was so much more fun to drive.

the t40s are away being rejetted and reconditioned/sorted etc now so i can use them on 1.6

so im stuck with the 1600 on a weber 32 34.

it got 93 BHP on the rollers at velos (which are notorious for low reading dynos anyway as there HIGHLY accurate) and the engine has a book figure of 83BHP (its out an astra) 16SV

so i gained 10 from the weber 3234 it looks like.

velos were well impressed with the engine and said it was VERY strong and were very pleased by the results.

they suggested i put my ast2 camshaft in.

i guess ill have to try that cos its just not as sporty as the 1.4 was

having a bit of a downer day about me car :lol: :roll:

alloys still scrub a bit, so i dont want any comments at MK! I KNOW they bloody scrub! and i cant get in the bodyshop for a week or so

my insurance quote has also gone up ?300 from two weeks ago when i last enquired. (Chris_W i bought your car almost a year ago can u believe that!? on the 25th May it was PMSL and i still have your address on a post it note and also the tear off bit of the V5 in my wallet!!)

i cant find a second harness for passenger seat. ripspeed only stock one of each colour GREAT! and A.B.Fletchers dont stock black only blue and red. gotta order one in - dont wanna buy tweeks etc as delivery charges.

erm what else

lol

just my engine really :evil:

gonna put the camshaft in and see what it does.

then hopefully put the t40s back on if i can afford to.

:rant:

apologies

just wanna get it off my chest cos i cant talk to the parents. they just moan and say why dont u do this - which is the total opposite of what i wanna do. :lol:

car could be a lot lot worse. but i just want it to be good :x

Jim
10-05-03, 12:20 PM
Let me get this straight, the engines producing 10+ bhp on top of what it should, its running great, and yet your not happy with it, LOL, erm no comment (you looney:P)

Not sure whats going on with your harnesses though, they only have one of each colour? That's f****d up, lol. I ordered some Black Sparco harnesses from AutoXS in MK, They arrived in the shop a acouple of days later and we fitted them last night, not that I want to rub it in or anything ;)

Stop moaning Mike, it could be a lot worse!!!

Jim

Snowface
10-05-03, 12:34 PM
the ast2 should give it another 5-10 or so shouldn't it? I thought the C 16 SE was 100bhp at defualt? Thats with multipoint injectoin.

jatinder
10-05-03, 12:36 PM
yeah you could have small 15" rims like mine that still scrub and a 1.4 lol, mike your cars sweet im going to t cut mine andf polish it today just to make me feel better :D

Ben (lurk75)
10-05-03, 12:41 PM
CAnt understand why your having difficulties with the harness? just phone around, they are stocked everywhere?

I know what you mean about feeling down about cars, My GSi is still not running, The golf has major problems, and i am using my misses GTE wich also cant be used until i change the altenator, Belt, tensioner and an oil change.

mikeoxford
10-05-03, 12:41 PM
the ast2 should give it another 5-10 or so shouldn't it? I thought the C 16 SE was 100bhp at defualt? Thats with multipoint injectoin.

its a 1.6 SV from an astra

with a cr@p head and cr@p ports :lol:

yer

i do think if the cam was put in it would be back to how i like it

lol @ jim, uve made me smile mate :) cheers

think im gonna polish etc mine 2day or 2moro for mk, especially tcut the roof and bonnet - lets the side down!

the specs for the ast 2 is a 12BHP increase it says on the packet.

not expecting that but i think once its on the cam has a more sportier profile and ill be happy with it

Jim
10-05-03, 12:55 PM
lol @ jim, uve made me smile mate :) cheers

the specs for the ast 2 is a 12BHP increase it says on the packet.

Thats what I'm here for :)

As for the AST2 cam, I think you should give that to me for making you smile :D ;) :lol:

Now get polishing :P

Jim

Snowface
10-05-03, 01:25 PM
i'm looking at getting the ast2k. It does say 12bhp incresae but on a 1.2 i think it'll be less than that for me, 8/9 if i'm lucky.

you wanna get a 1.3sr inlet and head and you'll be well away. that is assuming it'll fit the block.

U should find you'll get 12bhp from the cam, sepecially with a twin choke carb (or ur T40's) and filter. What exhaust u got? 4-2-1?

mikeoxford
10-05-03, 07:35 PM
i'm looking at getting the ast2k. It does say 12bhp incresae but on a 1.2 i think it'll be less than that for me, 8/9 if i'm lucky.

you wanna get a 1.3sr inlet and head and you'll be well away. that is assuming it'll fit the block.

U should find you'll get 12bhp from the cam, sepecially with a twin choke carb (or ur T40's) and filter. What exhaust u got? 4-2-1?

my inlet is a 1.6 so i wont wanna down grade to 1.3 ;)

exhaust system is full s/s mongoose 3.5" bore

and the manifold is a janspeed 4-1 item.

ill put the shaft in and see what happens, i think itll be the answer to be honnest. the 16SV cam is designed for astras / cavaliers with fuel economy in mind (and ive noticed it! :O) only filled up once every two weeks lately!!!

so i want sporrrrrrrrrrrrrrt shaft 8) :D

Ian
10-05-03, 09:17 PM
by my harnesses, ok theyre blue but theyre top bollocks sabelt 4 point 3" ones with aircraft buckle

CP
10-05-03, 09:58 PM
Its a test Mike. Owning a Nova is one big test. :lol:

Its life all wrapped up in a small (rusting) piece of tin :(

Chris_W
10-05-03, 10:26 PM
my insurance quote has also gone up ?300 from two weeks ago when i last enquired. (Chris_W i bought your car almost a year ago can u believe that!? on the 25th May it was PMSL and i still have your address on a post it note and also the tear off bit of the V5 in my wallet!!)

Yup, I can tell it's a year as I'm changing car again. God, don't know what it is with me, don't seem to be keeping hold of a car for 12 months now! :O

Chris

PS> Ian, how much you want for your harnesses?

Nova-Flair
11-05-03, 04:27 PM
could be worse m8 u could have a quiet 1.2i with the equivalent performance of an old 1.0 and get yer arse kicked by everything on britains roads this side of a smart car :D

Snowface
11-05-03, 07:47 PM
lol. i know the feeling.
I drive to college most days and there are two hills to go up, one is a little one and just at the start at the bottom there's a little 40mph zone where ther's a junction, there you have to drop down to 3rd or 4th then gather speed to over take getting up to 60. The other hill is about 1/2 mile long and i have to cane it in 4th doing bout 75/80.

Its only a single carriage way and splits into an over taking lane up the hills. It always good to overtake as many vehicles as possible before you hit the 30mins traffic cue into college.

In my mk1 1.2 i can just about put up with it but i can't wait to get a 32/34 on it at the end of the month (Pay day). Then look at getting a kent cam in there. (does anyone declare these on insurance? They are so hard to detect visually and in the guides on NL it says not much need cause it would go unoticed).

This is in north devon where its a bit hilly.