PDA

View Full Version : Fitting 1.6 gte/gsi engine?

tommy8252
08-07-10, 03:13 PM
Right Ive had a quick scan around using the search but cant find what Im looking for although did find some good info on it. Bassically what I want to know is how difficult it is to put the 1.6 gsi/gte engine in my 1.2 spi spin? Basic info like what parts I need engine/loom/ecu? Or could I use the loom thats in already and swap ecu's. Its basically the wiring part I need to know about. Cheers for any help in advance and apologies for a Noob question its just I really hate wiring. :thumb:

MK999
08-07-10, 03:20 PM
cut the ecu plug off of your 1.2i, pull all the wires through, identify what is still attached and what isn't and wire up the right colours to the right colours, it's an **** of a job, but easier than relooming the car, and not that hard in the grand scheme of things, if this sounds like a massive challenge I'd avoid a DIY job or get some help with it :thumb:

tommy8252
08-07-10, 03:25 PM
yeah wires are not my friend (even being a mechanic it took best part of 7 hours to fit my digi dash) so I think some help shall be needed with this. cheers