PDA

View Full Version : Help with 16se

*Adz*
07-07-10, 07:55 PM
Ive got a 16SE engine which ive just put in my mates nova, all wired up etc.. fuel pump working as it should, but there dont seem to be getting any fuel to the rail its turning over, but not attempting to fire as such...

Any ideas what it could be?

Thanks

simonm
07-07-10, 08:00 PM
sure the fuel pump is runnin the rite way and not back ways worth a try

*Adz*
07-07-10, 08:03 PM
sure the fuel pump is runnin the rite way and not back ways worth a try
Im pretty sure, but gonna try tomorow...

We put a test light onto the injector plug and it didnt light up though?

simonm
07-07-10, 08:14 PM
if using the standard gte loom should have four wires on the plug one large red is battery live small black is ignition live blue red is fuel pump and green is rev counter and make sure all earths are clean and connected apart from that maybe a break some where in the loom was it runnin before you fitted it

*Adz*
07-07-10, 08:56 PM
if using the standard gte loom should have four wires on the plug one large red is battery live small black is ignition live blue red is fuel pump and green is rev counter and make sure all earths are clean and connected apart from that maybe a break some where in the loom was it runnin before you fitted it

Apprantly so.. bought it from danxe on here, there was the option to see it running, and i know him quite well, so yeah, hoping it was running. lol.

We did use the standard gte loom as well. and yeah we connected them wires etc.
mmmm strange....

simonm
07-07-10, 09:03 PM
strange then alrite poss the fuel pump relay as every thing runs through it may not be letting power to the injectors

*Adz*
07-07-10, 09:04 PM
strange then alrite poss the fuel pump relay as every thing runs through it may not be letting power to the injectors
yeah might be.. but wouldnt the fuel pump not work then?

simonm
07-07-10, 09:06 PM
not nessisarily may let the fuel pump work but not the injectors lot of connections in there but worth a try just a prosess of elimination

*Adz*
07-07-10, 09:08 PM
not nessisarily may let the fuel pump work but not the injectors lot of connections in there but worth a try just a prosess of elimination
yeah will have to to wire constant live to it to see i imagine, as not sure were to get a relay from.

simonm
07-07-10, 09:16 PM
bridge the thick red with the thick red/blue and thin red/blue that should work and if it runs its your relay if not ya will have to dig deeper

*Adz*
07-07-10, 09:21 PM
bridge the thick red with the thick red/blue and thin red/blue that should work and if it runs its your relay if not ya will have to dig deeper
yeah i just rang him, we done that, i just didnt see lol

simonm
07-07-10, 09:29 PM
a rite dont realy no then by the sound of it it should be running

just a thaught there is petrol in it

*Adz*
07-07-10, 10:13 PM
a rite dont realy no then by the sound of it it should be running

just a thaught there is petrol in it

yeah there is petrol init :)

But i know what your saying though, wouldnt be the 1st time lol

chrisnovaturbo
07-07-10, 11:26 PM
have u got the fuel pipes round the right way? when you switch the ign on does the fuel pump prime? have you used the rite black wire for ign feed? have you changed the pump from spi to mpi pump, not that it would stop it from starting but it will need doing if not? there is loads of wires on the spi loom that ant needed and you mite be trying to use the wrong wire for the fuel pump. give me a ring 2moro when your there and i will talk you through it.

chris

*Adz*
07-07-10, 11:32 PM
have u got the fuel pipes round the right way? when you switch the ign on does the fuel pump prime? have you used the rite black wire for ign feed? have you changed the pump from spi to mpi pump, not that it would stop it from starting but it will need doing if not? there is loads of wires on the spi loom that ant needed and you mite be trying to use the wrong wire for the fuel pump. give me a ring 2moro when your there and i will talk you through it.

chris

yeah im assuming dave knows that, oviously done it before, were going to try the ecu & maf tomorow see what happens then.
Will call when dave is there, cheers mate :)

chrisnovaturbo
07-07-10, 11:53 PM
i dont think he has fitted a engine in with a spi loom and tank before. if the engine was a runner then it wont be ecu or maf :confused:

mowgli
07-07-10, 11:56 PM
has it actually got a spark when it turns over????

my money is on the ign +ve being wired to the wrong feed

*Adz*
08-07-10, 08:40 AM
has it actually got a spark when it turns over????

my money is on the ign +ve being wired to the wrong feed

yeah it has got spark we tryed that, and all good.

*Adz*
08-07-10, 08:42 AM
i dont think he has fitted a engine in with a spi loom and tank before. if the engine was a runner then it wont be ecu or maf :confused:
i think he wired in stu's 2lrt 8v which i fort was practically the same.. hopefully with a fresh head today... we will get it sorted :) hes bringing spare, loom, ecu & maf. although we won a maf and k&n and adaptor plate on ebay for £2.20 the other day lol.

mowgli
08-07-10, 09:45 AM
i think he wired in stu's 2lrt 8v which i fort was practically the same.. hopefully with a fresh head today... we will get it sorted :) hes bringing spare, loom, ecu & maf. although we won a maf and k&n and adaptor plate on ebay for £2.20 the other day lol.

IT WENT FOR 20 SOMETHING QUID. i was looking at buying it

*Adz*
08-07-10, 01:49 PM
IT WENT FOR 20 SOMETHING QUID. i was looking at buying it
nar it went for £2 something he got it here and we collected it as was local to us ;)

Engine still not running though.. which is a bugger....

mowgli
08-07-10, 02:18 PM
OK. i'm assuming that, when you turn the key, so the red lights are showing, the pump kicks in for about a second. if so, then all is good.
if not, then
1. ecu could be fried
2. the pump is not pumping.

if the pump is making the noise then either
1. there is no fuel
2. the pump is connected to the wrong pipe
3. the pressure pipe is plumbed into the wrong port on the fuel rail.

if is is an spi tank assy, then we assume the pump has been replaced with one from an mpi astra mk3.
if it is a gte type tank, then it is pretty much foolproof
if it is a carb type tank, then it could easily be sucking air from the wrong pipe. its been done before.

and also, i assume the battery is fully charged

*Adz*
09-07-10, 12:29 AM
its a spi tank with mpi pump, pipes are on right way. and battery is all good and we had a boost pack on it to.

comptoncj
09-07-10, 07:42 AM
have you got a managment light? Checked all the earths on the engine? I would be tempted to take the pump out and run 12 volts to at and see if the pump fires up.

mowgli
09-07-10, 07:48 AM
its a spi tank with mpi pump, pipes are on right way. and battery is all good and we had a boost pack on it to.

you aren't answering anyones questions................

DOES THE BLOODY PUMP ACTUALLY RUN WHEN YOU TURN THE KEY?????

*Adz*
09-07-10, 08:11 AM
you aren't answering anyones questions................

DOES THE BLOODY PUMP ACTUALLY RUN WHEN YOU TURN THE KEY?????

yes to the bloody question you can here it and it worked fine before when the car was running about 2 days before hand.

mowgli
09-07-10, 08:16 AM
RIGHT, that means the ecu is ok, & the relay system is working & so it is either the pump that is shot, or there is something restricting the fuel flow, as in blocked filter, or no fuel.

if you slacken off the pipe, is fuel gushing out with the pump running??

chrisnovaturbo
09-07-10, 03:29 PM
ive spoke to him on the phone and he said there is fuel and spark but no injector pulse. i havnt seen the car myself.

*Adz*
09-07-10, 03:58 PM
ive spoke to him on the phone and he said there is fuel and spark but no injector pulse. i havnt seen the car myself.
Luke just bought another engine now, lol shame, as we just done gaskets and belt etc on the engine.