PDA

View Full Version : corsa brakes restrictors and abs

ste porter
07-07-10, 03:09 AM
i would just like anwsers please guys as quick and straight as possable as i have a tight time scale on this

got claires new car in the workshop a vauxhall egg gsi and were currently half way through converting it to an xe.
For various reasons we have completly removed the abs system and all traces but im alittle unsure about the best way to plumb the brakes back in

i have 2 t pieces for the brake pipes but do the corsa servos have a bias built in for rear brake compansation? i.e 1 outlet is for the rears the other for the front?

or are they both the same out put and compensated somewhere else on the car and it doesnt matter which outlet i use from the the servo

are they biased by the the load compensation valve?

timbo1980
07-07-10, 06:22 AM
The compensator is beside rear axel on body operated by spring attatched to axel.Servos on my gsi(with rear compensator) looks the same as my 1.0 lawnmower corsa (with out). hope this helps

GRUNT 16V
07-07-10, 10:41 AM
as above ther at the back they always fail mots due to them siezing !

AlexW
07-07-10, 10:53 AM
Il give you a better answer lol

Master cylinders are the same for both outlets. The rear restriction can be done in two ways, depending on the spec of the rear brakes, higher spec models will have a load sensing spring loaded item mounted on the rear beam/rear floor (My tigra has this aswell as ABS, so your corsa is likly to have it too).

Most of the lower spec models have the normal kind of restriction as you get on novas, but are inline just behind the fuel tank.

So in answer to your question, you can run whatever way around you want.

It would be a good idea to keep them diagonally split as per factory.

ste porter
07-07-10, 12:51 PM
Il give you a better answer lol

Master cylinders are the same for both outlets. The rear restriction can be done in two ways, depending on the spec of the rear brakes, higher spec models will have a load sensing spring loaded item mounted on the rear beam/rear floor (My tigra has this aswell as ABS, so your corsa is likly to have it too).

Most of the lower spec models have the normal kind of restriction as you get on novas, but are inline just behind the fuel tank.

So in answer to your question, you can run whatever way around you want.

It would be a good idea to keep them diagonally split as per factory.

thats the anwser i was after thanks i wasnt sure wheather the load compensaitor actualy biased the brakes or wheather it just compensated ontop of some restrictors already in line somewhere as i have not come across the little barrel types they usualy have near the tank and i was unsure wheather the abs pump sorted all this out

thanks for the info i will be running them diagnaly aswell mate just wanted too check before i plumb them in take it up the road and lock the back end up into a bend or something

AlexW
07-07-10, 01:20 PM
Yeah no problem.