PDA

View Full Version : Pic Request: Corsa B 1.4 8v Underside

Dave.
07-07-10, 12:56 AM
Im after a pic of the underside of a 1.4 8v Corsa B, after seeing the prices for a de-cat system im going to attempt to make my own at work, but never really had mine up on a ramp long enough to pay much attemtion to the exhaust lol, so no idea what the standard assembley looks like

So has anyone got a good picture of the underside of a 1.4 8v? (Mines P reg if that makes any difference) :D

CoolTiger
07-07-10, 01:00 AM
cat not on the manifold on them ? lf not get s ft long peice of stright pipe off a sceapper cut cat two sleves and its a decat

Dave.
07-07-10, 01:01 AM
Yeahh i think it is, thats why im wondering how to go about it

moffat
07-07-10, 01:10 AM
nova 8v manifold not fit in theory making it a decat?

Welsh Dan
07-07-10, 01:13 AM
Mums is a 1.4 8v spi. The cat is on the downpipe, I think you'd be able to cut up any nova/corsa OE exhaust and weld it up in place of the cat.

https://www.autocatplus.co.uk/acweb/images/TIO/390943.gif

Asa-James
07-07-10, 07:59 AM
using that guide, is the 1.2 8v downpipe the same number? if so, a nova 1.2 carb downpipe seems to fit, as there was one on my brothers old corsa (and still sat behind the garage)

mowgli
07-07-10, 08:19 AM
http://www.catalogue.bosal.com/pages/exh_system_list.php?query_nr=5&make=OPEL&model=Corsa+B&body=All body types&cartype=&fuel=B

basically, get some 50mm exhaust pipe with a flared end, & chop the cat out...

L33 LEG
07-07-10, 10:26 AM
As said, just cut the cat out and weld or clamp a pipe in place. I have a full exhaust/decat pipe which came off a 1.4 8v corsa which im not using but its also had the middlebox removed and its the loudest thing iv ever heard lol

Also, just re-read the thread and the cat is not on the manifold.

smirty
07-07-10, 12:11 PM
I used the bend from a peugeot 106 there in line cats come in 2 parts we had a few knocking about at work, the bend was perfect. I welded flanges onto mine though so it could be put back for mot.

edit was an sri though not sure if they have a diferent exhaust system.