PDA

View Full Version : fake or not fake

Alex J
06-07-10, 10:12 AM
being from essex, i , and many others around here like a bit of snide gear, from lacoste, to fred perry, and being a tight a**e, ive seen something for the car on flee bay i want. question is , would anybody buy a fake omp corsica steering wheel for 55 quid to my door apart from melol , from the far east, or pay almost triple for a real one? oh, they are probley made in the same place! discuss!!!!!!:cool:

Stuart
06-07-10, 10:22 AM
depends if the wheel collapses when you want to steer lol

Alex J
06-07-10, 10:25 AM
depends if the wheel collapses when you want to steer lollol i had a renault 5 do the same, has anybody brought one?

George g
06-07-10, 10:33 AM
The metal will be made from a thinner material and from a cheaper material. Also the welds won't be as good. I have known a few that have gotten good replicas and some that have fallen apart, its all a bit pick and mix.

Rysee
06-07-10, 10:58 AM
People will tell you knock off gear funds alsorts of crime and terrorism... whether you buy into that or not is up to you.

I'm not sure what the legal eagles would say but generally it isn't good to have knock off gear I'd say

brake-dust
06-07-10, 11:55 AM
bought cheap wheels before (not replica's) but have been very flexable, one i had on the last nova i ended up punching the dash under heavy braking lol

Connor
06-07-10, 12:02 PM
being a fellow essex lad, i also like the old 'knock off' items lol.
I bought one of those 'cheap replica style' corsicas not off ebay but its the same.
Went from black to a bronzy colour after a week, and on a really hot day it flexes and was literally undrivable!!

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-ak-sf2p/v649/208/3/637964925/n637964925_1345622_2049.jpg

Jack
06-07-10, 12:39 PM
I find it amusing when brand names are purposefully mis-spelt to avoid copyright gubbins. Things like Abbidas and Reebook lol

People will tell you knock off gear funds alsorts of crime and terrorism... whether you buy into that or not is up to you.
40 commando today unveiled details of their recent raids in Afghanistan which unearthed a factory making ONP steering wheels for sale by the taliban on ebay... lol

Southie
06-07-10, 12:42 PM
http://images.icanhascheezburger.com/completestore/2009/2/4/128782679848637694.jpg

Rysee
06-07-10, 02:04 PM
I find it amusing when brand names are purposefully mis-spelt to avoid copyright gubbins. Things like Abbidas and Reebook lol

40 commando today unveiled details of their recent raids in Afghanistan which unearthed a factory making ONP steering wheels for sale by the taliban on ebay... lol

Haha quality

I just never buy into it when people say that counterfit DVDs do. I could knock off DVDs to my whole workplace and make a few quid (not that I do) but I certainly wouldn't donate any cash to terrorism

Andy
06-07-10, 02:12 PM
dont be a knock off Nigel

Sloth
06-07-10, 02:18 PM
i see a serious point...

say you buy said wheel, and it causes an accident due to being made from camels ass, could you live with that? or woulkd your insurance pay out?

Jack
06-07-10, 02:52 PM
In terms of insurance, you are only asked to identify aftermarket parts and not the make or quality. So from that angle, no problem. As for driving an unroadworthy car.... thats different.

I just never buy into it when people say that counterfit DVDs do. I could knock off DVDs to my whole workplace and make a few quid (not that I do) but I certainly wouldn't donate any cash to terrorism
Yeah. What annoys me is when you buy a legit DVD you have al lthe crap piracy is a CRIME shat at the start - which you can't skip - yet when you get a bucaneer copy, whoosh all the "DON'T STEAL THIS PLS" crap is gone lol

You wouldn't steal a car! Er, if someone came up my street, looked at my neighbours car, pressed a button and whammy a duplicate appeared... then offered that duplicate to me for no charge with keys in the ignition and all the personalised guff removed, you're telling me you wouldn't take it?

Of course this is sidling towards the rule about piracy etc. So don't do it kids, piracy will make your willy fall off. Or, if you're a girl, you'll grow a willy.

mayhem
06-07-10, 02:55 PM
buy a QSP.

there 75 euro, and from the same factory als omp

Andy
06-07-10, 02:56 PM
but if it werent so dear in the 1st place.........................
ie films-you pay what £15 for a new dvd (i have never bought legal so i dont know) lol
If its garbage,thats a couple of hours work for some.Now-go to sunday market (if your from Hull) and get any 5 cd's or dvd's or mix match for £10
Now you risk-Poor unwatchable copies (cd's are ALWAYS FINE) Some/all films being crud...
But you only lose a £10er.................and the other 4 may be good copies and good films.................

Jack
06-07-10, 03:03 PM
I never buy dvds if they're more than a fiver lol

I like having physical dvds with all the extras, and in boxes so I can peruse my shelf when I'm bored and pick one to watch.

But yeah, if new dvds were cheaper, that would pretty much stamp out most of the piracy overnight.

[edit] feck knows about music, I just buy off ebay if there's a cd I really want. Most of my music now though is free anyway (legitimately too)

Andy
06-07-10, 03:08 PM
I never buy dvds if they're more than a fiver lol

I like having physical dvds with all the extras, and in boxes so I can peruse my shelf when I'm bored and pick one to watch.

But yeah, if new dvds were cheaper, that would pretty much stamp out most of the piracy overnight.

[edit] feck knows about music, I just buy off ebay if there's a cd I really want. Most of my music now though is free anyway (legitimately too)
Well i am in the process of flirting with itunes i say flirting cos i dont know what the fukk im doing lol Spent £160 on an ipod and fm shizzle for the car and it picks up classic fm:tard: :wtf: Unless ive bought "Now 1901" with my £15 voucher by mistake..........:(

Sloth
06-07-10, 03:14 PM
andy, the "warton sleet malkret glang" ? :d

hooky dvd's = yes ta, hooky car bits = no ta. its like the fake sard regs out atm, they can seriously ferk your engine as they basically dont work.
jack, silver merc pagoda 300 please if your magically cloning cars.

Andy
06-07-10, 03:19 PM
yes,they arent terrorists,are they?,well not unless you class fighting with security in knife point robbing centre lol lol

Ernie
06-07-10, 05:46 PM
Whats wrong with the original Momo corsa wheel i fitted mate.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v617/chunny01/JDL%20Project/novacrxpics024.jpg

mowgli
06-07-10, 05:53 PM
my friend gets me really good quality dvd's of recent movies...... he is a cop..... i just don't ask.

mowgli
06-07-10, 05:54 PM
anyway, having re-read the title.....if there are any ladies present, then YES