PDA

View Full Version : door pop kits

Dave
09-05-03, 01:16 PM
am after 2 door pop kits for me mates car, can't find the post about them from ages ago but does anyone know where i can get them from?
he wants to de-lock an de-handle the car an move the popper to under the wing mirror
any help apreciated

Alex
09-05-03, 01:38 PM
its done exactly how a boot release solenoid works. look on www.nova-land.com for insrtuctions.[/url]

Dave
09-05-03, 01:44 PM
i need both the solinoids an the scitches & wires though, thought there was a post on here not so long ago about cheap pop kits

Alex
09-05-03, 03:19 PM
look on www.novamad.co.uk under boot release. it tells you part numbers and where to get them form (maplin i think) very cheap

?Marty?
09-05-03, 03:38 PM
Maplins.

mikeoxford
09-05-03, 04:46 PM
off the top off me head

sad :oops:

YD79L

red_devil
09-05-03, 08:26 PM
go to maplins and as for a 2 wire actuator and a "single push" button and wire into a permentant live and make a circuit to the button... i have a button on the inside as well so i can get rid of the interior handles/door pulls...
easy just make sure the lock is almost open all the time and the actuator only has to pull it the final bit

Dave
12-05-03, 02:38 PM
so basicly he needs 2 remote c/locking soilnoids 2 buttons an some wire?
run a wire from the solinoid to the battery,
a wire from the battery to the switch an one from the switch to the solinoid? that sounds too easy
on the novamad site it says i need a 12v resistor an some circuit board