PDA

View Full Version : 1.0 Corsa = Want to turn it to nova rep. Help

daire54
04-07-10, 10:16 PM
its a 92 1.0 opel corsa in ireland peepz, anyway its mint in a shed all its life just needs tlc. its white bog standard but mint.:thumb:

Any idea what i should do to it, alloys? kit.?. dont have 2 much to spend.:tard:
Thanks.

Cle
04-07-10, 10:18 PM
if its a 92 corsa badged as opel then its a nova, vauxhall alloys, lowered, gte or gsi kit and it'll be looking sweet.

Also welcome to the site.

daire54
04-07-10, 10:40 PM
orite!.. am was thinkin bout gettin it throught the test and cutting the springs and puttin speedlines or khanns on it..gsi kit how much they cost me ja know?..
thanks was goin to post and indroduction but didint see a section for it.

Cle
04-07-10, 10:44 PM
and cutting the springs

I love you.................lollol

well gsi bumpers, skirts, spoiler will be £100 to £150 speedlines are expensive probs around £500 for a good set.

craig green
04-07-10, 10:55 PM
cutting the springs- FAIL.

Speedlines, mmmm OK, KAHN's? Nothing like the mentioned speedlines & will deffo not give the same effect as the offset will be miles out & you cant go low on them.

Polish the feck out of it, put some decent Sport/GSi seats in & lower it on some GM wheels, maybe some mudflaps & a chrome exhaust tip. Most cost effective method of 'enhancing' it in most peoples popular opinion.

daire54
04-07-10, 10:55 PM
well that will do, test it first and tax. shes 4 speed.. is it a 1.2 OHC 4 speed model??
ebay or ware is best place to look for parts?

AlexW
04-07-10, 10:56 PM
Why dont we have a facepalm smiley for threads like this.

L14MNP
Front springs will be fine to cut. lol

Cle
parts for sale section theres always some bargains on here :thumb:

craig green
04-07-10, 10:57 PM
Ahh so it is a Nova?

I figured it was a Corsa B?

Btw if you want Vauxhall badges for the tailgate, I have some.

daire54
04-07-10, 10:59 PM
cutting the springs- FAIL.

Speedlines, mmmm OK, KAHN's? Nothing like the mentioned speedlines & will deffo not give the same effect as the offset will be miles out & you cant go low on them.

Polish the feck out of it, put some decent Sport/GSi seats in & lower it on some GM wheels, maybe some mudflaps & a chrome exhaust tip. Most cost effective method of 'enhancing' it in most peoples popular opinion.

so gsi kit , back box, mudflaps, (gm wheels, or speedlines) and TLC:)

craig green
04-07-10, 11:03 PM
so gsi kit , back box, mudflaps, (gm wheels, or speedlines) and TLC:)

I dint say GSi kit, merely some decent seats from a GTE/GSi/SR or something. They are a huge improvement to the driving enjoyment of any Nova.

I just put these SR seats in my 1.2. Such a difference to look at & a joy to pilot around corners now.

http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c323/turbocraig/project%20SPV/018.jpg

Speedlines & GSi bumpers are done to death tbh, but if thats your thing?? :thumb:

It seems no cherished Vauxhall is without a nice exhaust which shows you are passionate about it. I like Novas with an outwardly rolled exhaust, a subtle drop & mudflaps which make it look lower & more loved really. ;)

daire54
04-07-10, 11:24 PM
dano people opel corsa 4 speed all i know so far!... am plan is so, gsi kit, back box, lowering springs 60 mil. Alloys= speedlines or comotives., mudflaps,, that will do and tax and test her!.. o and get my liecence!lol

Dod
05-07-10, 07:42 AM
Where in Ireland are you?

Leave it as an Opel Corsa A, dont go putting any other badges on it.

I'm gonna suggest a 60mm drop, fit some side skirts and a nice set of wheels, although they will take 17" wheels, something like Cav GSi or SRi wheels will do nicely.

Keeping it clean and subtle is the way to go.

bazil
05-07-10, 07:58 AM
If you like the khan rsr wheel then there is the option of the masitaly 5 spoke which looks the same as the rsr, if you can find a set.
Gsi kit and speedlines is very common on here but that for the simple reason that it works and looks good. As dod says keep it a Opel, there a bit more rare.

saloonwoody
05-07-10, 08:00 AM
dont ffs put speedline's on it lol

Plug
05-07-10, 11:38 AM
plates make good wheels if you can drill them out 4x100 PCD :)

daire54
05-07-10, 09:24 PM
Where in Ireland are you?

Leave it as an Opel Corsa A, dont go putting any other badges on it.

I'm gonna suggest a 60mm drop, fit some side skirts and a nice set of wheels, although they will take 17" wheels, something like Cav GSi or SRi wheels will do nicely.

Keeping it clean and subtle is the way to go.

am mayo!..am im just goin get it through the test hopefuly if its worth it, and gsi kit, alloys and back box,,