PDA

View Full Version : Anyone running C16/X16 Ashley Exhaust Manifold?

milko96
04-07-10, 09:00 PM
As above, either the 4-1 or 4-2-1...

Just intrested in how fitment was and if they made any good gains?

AlexW
04-07-10, 09:27 PM
Somebody on here does, cant remember who though lol

4-2-1 would be best to go with, keeps the torque lower down the rev range, rather than pushing it up top which makes these engines even worse!

Most people say dont worry about the exhaust manifold until you have some other goodies, as the standard one isnt actually that bad.

milko96
04-07-10, 09:36 PM
Somebody on here does, cant remember who though lol

4-2-1 would be best to go with, keeps the torque lower down the rev range, rather than pushing it up top which makes these engines even worse!

Most people say dont worry about the exhaust manifold until you have some other goodies, as the standard one isnt actually that bad.

I'd rather have it up the rev range tbh, as my car is short geared due to the tyre size I'm using... doing 90 on limiter in 4th....

Anyone know what bore size is at the collector?

AlexW
04-07-10, 09:51 PM
your have to rev the bollocks off it to get any torque though. Its bad enough as a standard engine.

milko96
04-07-10, 10:26 PM
your have to rev the bollocks off it to get any torque though. Its bad enough as a standard engine.

Thats what I mean, mine is revving its balls off all the time due to smaller rolling radius, so would suit me to have the power up there....

Plus its better for getting the power down on the strip.... which I will be doing alot of... :thumb: