PDA

View Full Version : Panel beaters enquire within

Cle
03-07-10, 09:54 PM
Looking for some advise basiccly my dad does rallying and on there last rally they buckeled the shell. They had just bought the car so now there stripping it and putting all the good bits on the old car we used. Now if there just scrapping the shell im planning to take it to practise welding and panel beating , hopefully it will still have a full cage in it :) Im just looking on some advise on how to "unbuckle" a shell ie just get a hammer and hammer it straight or is there any other ways to do it ? now it doesnt matter if i fuk the shell cos its pooped anyway but if i can sort it maybe a cheap fun car :)

mk1nova_rich
03-07-10, 09:56 PM
if a rally service crew swapped the bits over to another shell theres a good chance this one is ****ed lol have you any pics of the shell cos that would be a good start :thumb:

Cle
03-07-10, 09:59 PM
if a rally service crew swapped the bits over to another shell theres a good chance this one is ****ed lol have you any pics of the shell cos that would be a good start :thumb:

lol im just using it for practise and experiance, dont have any pics but i no in the strut top hit the underside of the bonnet if that helps, btw tis a classic impreza was used in ireland, M555MOB

Benn
03-07-10, 09:59 PM
You'll need a jig and a porter power to push things straight/ un bent things.

You wont hammer out a bent shell. You'll need measurements from a known good shell to check against yours.

mk1nova_rich
03-07-10, 10:01 PM
the reg may be worth a bit, but the shell sounds like it needs serious work from someone who knows what theyre doing

Cle
03-07-10, 10:02 PM
well if i get it ill give it a try will be going to scrap anyway

mk1nova_rich
03-07-10, 10:07 PM
good luck with it but its a Scooby so its never gona be a "cheap fun car" especially if your dad and his mates have robbed all the bits lol

bazil
03-07-10, 10:09 PM
practice makes perfect lol

Cle
03-07-10, 10:09 PM
well i have all the half decent or standered bits lol just all the good bits will be on the other shell

General Baxter
03-07-10, 10:11 PM
You'll need a jig and a porter power to push things straight/ un bent things.

You wont hammer out a bent shell. You'll need measurements from a known good shell to check against yours.

lies iv used

2 ratch straps
million year old tree,
and 500horses of diesel power, tug tug lol

bazil
03-07-10, 10:15 PM
well i have all the half decent or standered bits lol just all the good bits will be on the other shell

here, look how much a seam welded, cage ready subaru rally car shell is worth? fix it , sell it,

Cle
03-07-10, 10:19 PM
Not looked tbh mate maybe make some money then :) will sit in the workshop next to the 6r4 :cool:

mk1nova_rich
03-07-10, 10:19 PM
pics of said 6R4 please :d

Cle
03-07-10, 10:21 PM
http://www.pngclub.com/forum/showthread.php?t=149756&page=2

zee yellow one is my boss's

mk1nova_rich
03-07-10, 10:24 PM
nice :thumb:

Cle
03-07-10, 10:26 PM
nice :thumb:

it is :d work on a few rally cars aswell on thursday i was fitting some 4 pot brembo's and massive disc's on a impreza rally car, and making some new exhausts for the metro to :)