PDA

View Full Version : X20XEV Tuning

Nova_Tek
03-07-10, 11:56 AM
The engine is in the Cav SRi and pulls and feels great.

There's no need to tell me the XEV's weaknesses like sensor faults and what not, as I already know of the and an engine change is out of the question.

Just wanna get some info on what mods are best which ones to use etc. I know the exhaust manifold and inlet are farily restrictive on this engine.

The car has a 'performance' panel filter in the standard airbox, sportex exhaust system, and has recently been serviced so all is well with the engine.

Me and my bro have been thinking about the manifold and inlet as well as cams.

Are there any Vaux OE cams that are a straight replacement for the XEV with gains? What are good inlet manifolds to use? Lexmaul? Dbilas? Are there copies of these inlets that are worth buying?

What about exhaust manifold?

We don't wanna go down the chipping route.

:thumb:

blue_peg_16v
03-07-10, 12:19 PM
i wouldnt bother with the inlets tbf they do give gains but are expensive for what they are id save for throttlebodies give more power and will do away with the pesky sensors

a decent exhaust fanimold would be worth while to dont buy a cheap one again they can be worse than the standard on

sbd and btb make awsome fanimolds

Sloth
03-07-10, 06:27 PM
look for some x20xer cams, rare but they are out there...

burgo
03-07-10, 06:42 PM
im confused as to why a different engine is out of the question? the money your gonna spend on cams, and manifolds and such you could get a LET

Nova_Tek
03-07-10, 07:32 PM
Wanting a bit more power doesn't automatically mean an engine change. It's my bro's car, he only recently (3 years) had the engine sorted after the headgasket went, the engine is very healthy and insurance isn't the cheapest but still managable. So on a LET it will be silly insurance.

We've decided not to go for an inlet as they are silly money. We're looking more at cams and a good manifold and sports cat to complement the rest of the system. Cat is getting old so no doubt soon it'll need to get changed, so that'll get done when needed.

Suspension changes are being looked at and the Cav will be getting new shocks and quality springs. We were just thinking on some basic mods to get that bit extra.

burgo
03-07-10, 09:41 PM
i guarantee engine mods will increase the insurance more than an engine swap

Nova_Tek
03-07-10, 09:42 PM
Doubt it.

burgo
03-07-10, 09:43 PM
Doubt it.get some quotes!!

Nova_Tek
03-07-10, 09:50 PM
He's already got quotes for a Cav Turbo and the're way higher than the XEV.