PDA

View Full Version : 2-pak paint

Wiggie
08-05-03, 07:42 PM
just began properly re-spraying the nova, just one fing i forgot to ask at work, hopefully some one can help me out on ere. how you you mix 2-pak? paint with thinners then add the activator? other way about? ratios?

any help would be exelnt!!

many thanx

Wiggie

Nova-Boy
08-05-03, 07:46 PM
Thinners then activaor or the other way round. As long as you dont spend hours putting them together it wont matter. Make sure you give it a good mix and shake!

As for ratios i cant remember off my head. It is painted on the garage wall at my dads for a referance! If i can get hold of him tonight i will reply again!

Wiggie
08-05-03, 07:49 PM
top man! if i can find out befor the sun goes down i cant carry on im only doing primer for now

fo0q
08-05-03, 07:59 PM
3:1 paint : thinners

then 6% activator.

Wiggie
08-05-03, 08:32 PM
ok chers. using normal thinners any idea how much time iv got befor it starts going hard in me gun????

Nova-Boy
08-05-03, 09:37 PM
sorry i didn't get back in touch. I wanted to say 30% before but i wasn't sure. Are you using 2 pac hardener?? Shouldn't go hard in the gun if you just mix it spray it, use it all and then clean up!

Wiggie
08-05-03, 09:52 PM
30% what? thinner? and can you confirm 6% hardener? and yes im using 2-pak hardener. its only primer though. iv only had expirience in cellulose

ade
08-05-03, 11:28 PM
please tell me you have a fresh air respirator!!!

:o

2 paks lethal - cyanide based!!!

Etch primer is 1 to 1 - non 2 pak

2 pak primer is 2 parts activator to one part primer

2 pak paint is 3 parts paint, 1 part activator and 10% thinners

I THINK + DONT QUOTE ME THOUGH - I've got the exact mixtures somewhere - dunno where though

It depends on the paint product, temperature etc...ask the paint shop you got it from for the exact mix

Usual gun time is about 20-30 mins

Make sure you clean it out thoroughly after

Dunno if you can use standard celly thinners - sure its ok

Wiggie
09-05-03, 09:27 AM
yeah, we use celly for cleaning at work. "2 parts activator to one part primer " more activator than primer?