PDA

View Full Version : Is it easy to swap a 1.2 inlet to a 1.3?

Snowface
08-05-03, 06:32 PM
Is it hard or is it just time consumiing? I got a mk1 1.2 and am getting a 1.3SR inlet manifold. Will it fit easily or do i need to get it adapted in anyway. Will i also need new gaskets?

I want to fit a Weber 32/34 DMTL and i can't find a direct replacment kit that matches the Pierburg 1b1. PLus i think the 1.3 inlet has better flow anyway.

Ade if ur listening, was it quite hard swapping urs and was it easy to set up the new carb? I will need it rejetted for a 1.2 right? Or can i leave it on a 1.3 jet?

Nova-Boy
08-05-03, 07:21 PM
The 1.3 inlet is 5mm bigger inlet than the 1.2 and is a direct swap as is the carb off a 1.3sr (early model 1b1).

It is very time consuming getting the inlet off and on if you are doing it with the head on. Takes some time with a little spanner to get the underside bolts out.

You might need a new gasket set if they break taking them off cos they will be stuck with sealent suff.

As for jetting i left the 1.3 jets in the carb and just tweaked the mixture screws to get the tickover right (with a drilled airbox or K&N). Might be running a bit rich but i still get 350 miles to a tank.

rgv_stu
09-05-03, 11:54 AM
takes about 15 minutes to swap inlets

use a long reach socket on a wobble bar to do the lower bolts or you will be there all day with a spanner

make sure you get the 2 hole opening 1.3 inlet (post 1985) and the carb replacement will be for a 2e3

Nova-Boy
10-05-03, 07:02 PM
Yeah took me all day cos i didn't have a wobbly bar thingy!! :evil: :x

mikeoxford
10-05-03, 07:19 PM
notice much of a difrence between inlets?