PDA

View Full Version : just getting a mot now

davidfox280585
01-07-10, 09:27 PM
as above the nova is getting tested my mate took it to garage as im at work, they work long hours there so yes right now lol, hope it passes i will tax tomorrow

7ova
01-07-10, 09:33 PM
its getting tested at 9.30 at night
what garage is it? (doncaster)

davidfox280585
01-07-10, 09:37 PM
yes thorne motor company, its failed on exhaust clamp needs tightening osr brake low effort, headlamp os chrome in bad order not giving beam pattern, exhaust touching handbrake cable, mainly need a good os headlamp anyone please

7ova
01-07-10, 09:41 PM
thorne motor's, is that the one near the traffic lights
that sells a few cars mainly imports?
didnt fail on much really.

davidfox280585
01-07-10, 09:45 PM
thats keycars my friend works there he had the grey pulsar gtir, yeah not a lot a good couple of hour will sort it just need to source an headlamp tmc near fire station near the bridge

davidfox280585
03-07-10, 10:40 PM
well with trhanks to blue peg for the headlamp and the help ive finally got the mot work done

failed on
o/s brake pipe touching moving component
nsr brake pipes insecure
osr brake no effort at all(i did these when i first got the car lol)wheel cylinder seized up
os headlamp poor condition and low beam pattern
ns headlamp low beam pattern
exhaust insufficentl mounted
rear silencer box needs tightening more
hazards not working
wiper not cleaning screen efficently
ns track rod joint worn
fog lamp bulb white

all jobs done and finished ready for retest monday,i knew about a few of the things but i knew it was going to fail on something so it gave me a list of what to work with so im now happy

i also had my first real test drive in it and cant say how pleased i am with how it pulls put a big grin on my face

also the centre exhaust has been replaced with shall we say more quiet and subtle,the powder coated pink cam cover is on with breather mod