PDA

View Full Version : Supercharger

Freddy
08-05-03, 03:12 PM
I want to add a supercharger to a 1.2 or 1.2i nova Which world b eaiysest to do. And does any1 no any websites with information on superchargers for novas
Any help much apretiated

Stuart
08-05-03, 03:54 PM
there are less than likely any blowers for a nova specificallyl.

BUT
get a G40 blower (from a polo 1.3 blown)

and mess about from there. you will need an aftermarket ecu (min ?400 (ish))

and lots fo otehr bits and pieces
quite expensive, but would be good to see a stoopercharged GM, bit of a rareity.

and pleanty of dead novas rouns neath/swansea to get shells and bits from ;) lol

Tazzy
09-05-03, 02:12 AM
lol, that wouldnt be a bad idea, spose it would be different, i spose turbo'ing a 1.2 is out of the question?

Stuart
09-05-03, 09:03 AM
oh forgot to add the blower on most mercs requires 70bhp to compress the air when its running at max efficiency lol

epo
09-05-03, 09:07 AM
wudnt it be easier 2 fit a low compression turbo 2 it am sure a place in grimsby does it as me mate was gunna have his 1.1 punto turbo'd but ran out of ??? no idea how much like?
epo :twisted:

Aragorn
09-05-03, 10:22 AM
turboing a 1.2i would be exactly the same as turboing the GTE

u could use same manifold and turbo same pipe work etc

you'd still need to lower the compression but instead of farting around with head shims u could just fit a head from a 1600 which would get compression well low

the 1.2i uses a MAP sensor but this might flake out under boost so u may have to add another injector or summat

mowgli
09-05-03, 07:46 PM
if you have a 1.2 carb you could try something with a metro turbo setup, they have about 9.5-1 comp but the timing might need some serious altering. there was a bloke who competed in the CCC speed championship a couple of years ago with a 1.2 turbo nova, it did quite well.

CP
10-05-03, 10:27 PM
Why not fit both - supercharger to start off with and then switch to a turbo when its comes on boost? You use a K gate linked to an actuator triggered by a boost pressure sensor. Oh and you could add NOS as well if you wanted.

jatinder
11-05-03, 09:12 AM
Why not fit both - supercharger to start off with and then switch to a turbo when its comes on boost? Oh and you could add NOS as well if you wanted.

That would be fun :D

ollster
11-05-03, 12:19 PM
well since you put it like that cp im off to my local car spares to buy all the parts :wink:.

By the way cp was it velos who built your engine :?:

CP
11-05-03, 01:42 PM
Lol the reason I said that is cos there is a geezer with a mk1 festa running a 1.9 with all of those goodies on pushing out over 300 horses- does a 12.2 ish quarter mile apparently.

Yes Velos did my engine

Nova-Boy
11-05-03, 01:44 PM
Why not fit both - supercharger to start off with and then switch to a turbo when its comes on boost? Oh and you could add NOS as well if you wanted.

How long do you think your engine would last?

Fester
11-05-03, 02:00 PM
i first saw that Fiesta Supersport in Classic Ford and then later ive got it in a CCC its a good car. In Classic ford it says that when he went to power engineering for some setting up they were so impressed with what hed done they just gave him a job - not bad!

Stuart
11-05-03, 02:01 PM
build it right, dont thrash it too hard and it will last a while (prehaps 10k before rebuild)