PDA

View Full Version : Best brake servo for big brake conversion?

aaron88v
30-06-10, 07:53 PM
This is obviousley something thats been discussed before but i cannot find a topic. I have completed my redtop conversion minus a bigger servo, was wondering what the best one to use is apart from and gte one, since they are becoming rare, iv heard the servo from a mk3 astra will fit nova master cylinder, but unsre if there is any modification required???

any pointers will go down a treat :) cheers Regards Aaron.

w88rdy
30-06-10, 07:58 PM
nova mk2 gsi servo as well they come up on here and ebay all the time mate

craig green
30-06-10, 08:05 PM
Any servo tbh. Proper brakes dont even have/need servo's. The master cylinder spec & calipers is of more importance & easily over looked. Most of the GM/ATE calipers we fit as upgrades come from cars with 22 or 22.5mm bore MC's. The Novas all have a 20mm bore which moves less fluid.

AlexW
30-06-10, 08:57 PM
If you want a gsi servo, pm me.

Stuart
30-06-10, 09:18 PM
if you are too much of a pussy to press the brake pedal to stop, then you need the extra help.

Read the braking article in the articles section. Servos are pointless.

aaron88v
30-06-10, 10:58 PM
if you are too much of a pussy to press the brake pedal to stop, then you need the extra help.

Read the braking article in the articles section. Servos are pointless.

oooooo you callin a pussyole! lol

I just dont wana be drivin round steppin on a sack of potatoes everytime i need to brake hard!!

Stuart
30-06-10, 11:01 PM
the servo wont change how that happens. Its down to the master cylinder/caliper/rear cylinder ratios.

you arent on rear discs are you?

craig green
30-06-10, 11:06 PM
There are 2 sides to the braking argument on a Nova though. Using OEM upgrade parts & making the best of a bad job (the factory design & setup) or looking at competition parts & saying that servo's are pointless.

Depending on what the car is for should help with the ideal/cost effective parts to fit.

Steve0011
30-06-10, 11:16 PM
craig

can you pm me more info? what and where to get along with prices ect

ta

steve

Stuart
30-06-10, 11:27 PM
Craig, even using GM parts, there is no real need to ever change the servo though (unless its broken)

craig green
30-06-10, 11:34 PM
I know. I said before a MC change would be more beneficial, but that might involve say a full servo/MC combo from a Cav turbo like what RichM did.