PDA

View Full Version : how long?

tommy8252
30-06-10, 06:58 PM
how long is an acceptable time to wait for items to be sent before i want my money back? Currently ive been waiting 9 weeks and to the best of my knowledge the items aint been posted yet despite numerous polite messages and immediate payment by me. Thoughts and opinions please

Cle
30-06-10, 06:59 PM
money back lol i would wait 2 weeks

Angus Closier
30-06-10, 07:42 PM
Who are you waiting on money from? Why have the goods not been sent? Is this a buisness or a random person. Have you talked to the person?
I wouldnt wait more than a week or so but what can you do? Little more info would be helpfull. If its a company then you can get on and do somthing about it. If its a random person its a little harder...

fastcar1cars
30-06-10, 07:47 PM
Did u ude paypal?

Jeff16v
30-06-10, 08:02 PM
i have waited 4 weeks, now disputed with paypal for refund.

Name and shame as others may well be in the same position with the same seller

tommy8252
30-06-10, 08:05 PM
its a person and used postal order to pay i believe the parts havnt been sent due to time restraints i have faith that the items will be sent eventually just gettin rather bored and cheesed off that its takin so long and begining to think it would be easier to ask for money back and buy the parts elsewhere

craig green
30-06-10, 08:07 PM
Postal order for a reason. Untraceable rip off.

tommy8252
30-06-10, 08:08 PM
and regarding the name and shame dont wanna do that just yet as the guys feedback is all brilliant bar 1 response

tommy8252
30-06-10, 08:10 PM
was my idea to pay with postal order paypal has screwed all my accounts up and just aint workin no more and im very confident it aint just a rip off as he has shed loads of experience buying and selling and a really good reputation

Jeff16v
30-06-10, 08:12 PM
and regarding the name and shame dont wanna do that just yet as the guys feedback is all brilliant bar 1 response

I hear what you are saying but 8 weeks.....regarding naming, you don't have to be nasty, if it was me i would prefer to for people to see that i resolved the problem openly and said sorry.

check my thread below; just being open without being nasty and at least people can see.

http://www.pngclub.com/forum/showthread.php?p=1611689#post1611689

brucer
30-06-10, 08:14 PM
if the pesron has a good rep then im sure if you told us we could back that up, but tbh i waited liked 2-3months for an item off a (who i thougt was) reputable person. so just tell us who it is an they might consider getting it sent if they see this thread.

Jeff16v
30-06-10, 08:15 PM
if the pesron has a good rep then im sure if you told us we could back that up, but tbh i waited liked 2-3months for an item off a (who i thougt was) reputable person. so just tell us who it is an they might consider getting it sent if they see this thread.

agreed, could also PM admin and ask them to send a message

Jack
30-06-10, 08:35 PM
agreed, could also PM admin and ask them to send a message
There's not a lot we can do in this situation. The only real power we have is to ban someone from the site, and that removes the primary method of communications (i.e. PM) the buyer may have with the seller.

We can restrict their selling - akin to napalm27 - but this is only for bad cases. A one off may well have a perfectly valid reason.

Benn
30-06-10, 08:43 PM
2weeks max, anything else and they are taking the piss and prob gone.

Jeff16v
30-06-10, 08:47 PM
There's not a lot we can do in this situation. The only real power we have is to ban someone from the site, and that removes the primary method of communications (i.e. PM) the buyer may have with the seller.

We can restrict their selling - akin to napalm27 - but this is only for bad cases. A one off may well have a perfectly valid reason.

I only thought admin because he states its a well known seller and it may be someone known well to admin.

tommy8252
30-06-10, 09:03 PM
right well seller has been in touch assured me items should be with me by end of next week cheers for comments advice and to be honest if it wasnt for the sheer amount of positive feedback i would have named and shamed a long while ago

mowgli
30-06-10, 09:18 PM
are the items being made?????cos if they were a stock item, they should be despatched & delivered in no more than a week

Nova_Tek
30-06-10, 10:21 PM
Max I'd wait is 2 weeks, and if it never turned up I'd expect the seller to communicate so I know what's going on at least.

Hopefully it arrives like you've been told.

smitla1
01-07-10, 08:00 PM
ring consumer direct mate and see what leg you have to stand on