PDA

View Full Version : Can you Tax...

Dave.
30-06-10, 05:48 PM
A car when its not insured? or on the MIDB?

MattBrown
30-06-10, 05:50 PM
A car when its not insured? or on the MIDB?

In theory, as you can do it off trade insurance?

Check your pms ill explain how to do it.

General Baxter
30-06-10, 05:50 PM
you need insurance to tax it, simple

it needs to be on the MIDB to do it online, but a cover note at the post office

burgo
30-06-10, 05:51 PM
no you dont, i tax'd an uninsured car

General Baxter
30-06-10, 05:51 PM
how ?

burgo
30-06-10, 05:53 PM
simple, i had an old cover note that said it was insured lmao. post offices dont check the MID so as long as you have a cover note that says it is covered you can tax the car

General Baxter
30-06-10, 05:55 PM
simple, i had an old cover note that said it was insured lmao. post offices dont check the MID so as long as you have a cover note that says it is covered you can tax the car

they do if you use one of them tax forms thru the post, they scan the bar code, thats what you wait about for, a few seconds for the system to check

this happened on a nova before, they said its not insured i told them to check the date on the cover note, which was dated 5 days before, thus not being on the database

edit that was 6 months ago

Derick-Sport
30-06-10, 05:56 PM
at my local post office the take the number off your v5 and that brings up the car details owner address insurance etc

burgo
30-06-10, 05:58 PM
they do if you use one of them tax forms thru the post, they scan the bar code, thats what you wait about for, a few seconds for the system to check

this happened on a nova before, they said its not insured i told them to check the date on the cover note, which was dated 5 days before, thus not being on the database

edit that was 6 months ago

dont use a reminder then tit head lol. just take the log book, mot certificate and cover note up, simples

dave watson
30-06-10, 05:58 PM
you need to insure and mot it before you tax it you also need the v5

General Baxter
30-06-10, 06:00 PM
dont use a reminder then tit head lol. just take the log book, mot certificate and cover note up, simples

why tax it when not insured ?

Jack
30-06-10, 06:05 PM
Officially, no. As its a requirement to have insurance. If you're not on the MID, the post office SHOULD tell you to contact your insurance company and put you on.

In reality, yes. As said you could just argue the toss with a cover note although even certificates now are shady as so many people used to wait til they arrived then ring up and cancel the insurance, keeping the certificate/cover note. Hence the MID.

As above though, why would you want tax without insurance? You can't drive on the road without either, and surely the insurance is the more useful of the two..

burgo
30-06-10, 06:09 PM
because the dvla are robbing cunts and even though i dont drive my car i have to have it taxed or get fined.

General Baxter
30-06-10, 06:11 PM
sorn ? thats free lol

Jack
30-06-10, 06:12 PM
can't SORN if its stored on the roadside though.

[edit] I'd still want even basic cover if it was parked on a public road, as its still liable to get damaged

MattBrown
30-06-10, 06:13 PM
because the dvla are robbing cunts and even though i dont drive my car i have to have it taxed or get fined.

Why?

As it has to have the 3 to be even sat on public land/road?

burgo
30-06-10, 06:15 PM
Why?

As it has to have the 3 to be even sat on public land/road?

i know that but the police dont go and check every car has insurance as they are walking around, they do however look for tax in the window. trust me if i had somewhere to store it it would be sorn'd and having to pay road tax even though i dont facking drive it takes the piss

General Baxter
30-06-10, 06:15 PM
yep needs to be insured to go on the road aswell,

all you need is an anpr car to go past, bye bye car lol

Stuart
30-06-10, 06:18 PM
that reminds me, must resorn the hova tonight

burgo
traffic cars dont come round here lol just the panda car crappers, plus 90% of the time its sandwiched in anyway

General Baxter
i even get traffic come down to me, to see what im driving now lol

MK999
30-06-10, 06:20 PM
i know that but the police dont go and check every car has insurance as they are walking around, they do however look for tax in the window. trust me if i had somewhere to store it it would be sorn'd and having to pay road tax even though i dont facking drive it takes the piss

What happened to your awesome unit/garage thing?

burgo
30-06-10, 06:20 PM
i even get traffic come down to me, to see what im driving now lolthats cos your a pikey ****

What happened to your awesome unit/garage thing? long story

MK999
30-06-10, 06:23 PM
Its no more though I assume :( Tough break, looked a quality spot for storing/working on cars

Dave.
30-06-10, 07:07 PM
The reason is that ive got my test coming up shortly, and the Corsarghh is declared S.O.R.N, once ive passed and insured im alls et, but my old man wont let me drive roudn without a disc in the window, also it takes a while to go on the M.I.D.B ive heard and im not waiting 7 days for the tax disc to coem through from the DVLA lol, and if i do it tat the psot office im not sure how long it takes to get updated? sod's law ill get stopped in a declared S.O.R.N car

dave watson
30-06-10, 07:14 PM
The reason is that ive got my test coming up shortly, and the Corsarghh is declared S.O.R.N, once ive passed and insured im alls et, but my old man wont let me drive roudn without a disc in the window, also it takes a while to go on the M.I.D.B ive heard and im not waiting 7 days for the tax disc to coem through from the DVLA lol, and if i do it tat the psot office im not sure how long it takes to get updated? sod's law ill get stopped in a declared S.O.R.N car
when i passed my test i insured it asap and go t a covernote then got it moted then went stright to the post office for taxtakes 3 days at the most mate

Ben
30-06-10, 07:32 PM
as said you can tax any car with a trade policy dosent need to be in your name or insured on mid.

Rich
30-06-10, 09:21 PM
I can, i dont even show mot lol :)