PDA

View Full Version : C14NZ to Bike Carbs

matt_vaughan
30-06-10, 10:39 AM
Not sure above engine code is correct, its a 1.4 SPi engine in a Corsa of my mate's.

Easiest way?

I'm thinking we're going to have problems with cam belts/pulleys as we will be changing cam and ignition to basic 1200 Carb stuff.

I'm basically planning to scrap all the injection and ignition stuff and leave my mate with his bottom end and head.

And yes I've told him to just drop another engine rather than bother with the low-torque (even if just for a 1.2 carb engine) but he's got his heart set on making something of this one lol

Angus Closier
30-06-10, 08:17 PM
Could do carbs with mega jolt.....that would be easier if you have the money for it. This has been coverd sooooo many times. Either get a suitible ignition setup and carbs (mega jolt etc) or run ITBS...or just get a c20xe for lots of power cheap.

matt_vaughan
05-07-10, 06:40 PM
I know its been covered many times mate, i've been around here long enough. I'm thinking more about pulleys etc and which are compatible with which if anyone can help before I hit the online catalogues to scout a suitable arrangement.
Mate wants to keep the pulley the same on the crank, so cam timing pulley needs to be right. Can original one from the injection engine be fitted to carb cam?

deanwilko
05-07-10, 07:03 PM
speak to tom reid he has done alot of bike carb conversions, he also sells the manifolds,megajolt and hard rev limiter and everything else you will need

mk1nova_rich
05-07-10, 07:23 PM
the pulley will fit the carb cam, its the dizzy side which will cause problems and you will also have to run an electric fuel pump and 3psi regulator. The SPi head is utter **** to be honest Matt, it has the piss poor square ports. Personally id do an engine swap :d

matt_vaughan
06-07-10, 05:55 PM
I've told him that, he wants to give this one an (apparently expensive) sending off before he swaps for an XE.

He's doing it more as a thing to do and prove he can do it rather than looking for ultimate power.

We're changing the whole ignition system for 1.2 carb stuff to keep it simple and easy to get up and running, including the cam and carrier. The cam and carrier is a 1.2 carb one so no problems on that, using a brand new dizzy etc