PDA

View Full Version : LET build tips?

Nova-rich
29-06-10, 11:22 PM
Hi all, just wanted to know what my options are on what radiator i can use on a Mk1 Nova Let?? I.E Nova GTE/GSI Corsa sport/GSI??

Cheers!

Nova_Tek
29-06-10, 11:24 PM
For my build mate, I've opted to use a standard GTE/GSi radiator which will suffice. They can be bought for £37 brand new aswell (can be seen in my project thread in my sig)

Otherwise you could go for a totally alloy aftermarket item or a custom made one.

p.s. 5000th post :d

Nova-rich
30-06-10, 12:16 AM
Lol, thanks matey but is there anything else which is commonly used??? Lol congrats pal! thats some hardcore posting! lol.

Rich
30-06-10, 12:20 AM
Can try corsa, but nova one does the job and fits properly. You will probably have to centralise it to run boost pipes each side depending on what intercooler you use.

Astra/cavalier etc are way too big

Nova_Tek
30-06-10, 12:26 PM
Lol, thanks matey but is there anything else which is commonly used??? Lol congrats pal! thats some hardcore posting! lol.

That's not hardcore mate consiering I've been using this place for 8 years now. You should see some people and their post count in a much shorter time.

Anyway, back on topic. This is probably most common mate as Rich said, it fits properly and with no problems.

The only other way would be a custom one made to your dimensions.

Infact, pay a visit to http://www.northernradiators.co.uk/ where I bought my GTE rad for the above price. Then search for a Corsa B rad and compare core sizes... actually here it is

Nova GTE/GSi Rad - 528mm x 268mm x 22mm
Corsa 1.6 16v Non A/C Rad - 530mm x 269mm x 22mm

Not much difference. The aircon ones are bigger but fitting them into a Nova would probably be a bit of a trial and error bodge tbh. There are people using the late 1.2 Nova rad which is - 528mm x 208mm x 22mm and have had no problems.

joff-turbo-nova
30-06-10, 01:35 PM
I would look at an all aluminium one as it will be more efficient at dissapating heat. Depends what budget you are working to really.

There seem a few on ebay at a reasonable price - not sure on quality though!

I run an all aluminium one on my LET made by Radtech Ltd. Excellent quality and even with a standard thermostat my temps rarely get over 85c degrees.

Joff

AlexW
30-06-10, 01:45 PM
As long as you have a decent fan a 1.2 rad would be fine!

So speaking of fans, look at slim line ones, maybe a front mounted one if you have the space.

Nova_Tek
30-06-10, 01:49 PM
There are some decent quality slimline rad fans on eBay for around £30. I'll be using a 12'' one which covers a good surface area of the GTE rad, would'Ve been too big for my slightly smaller 1.2 rad.

Like I said mate some of these items, if you are curious as to how they look in the flesh, are all on my project thread with pics etc.

AlexW
30-06-10, 01:52 PM
Another good tip would be to look for any threads made by Nova_Tek anyway, seems to be lots of them all with detailed questions and answers :p

Nova_Tek
30-06-10, 01:57 PM
lol why thanks AW06 unless you're being sarcy :p

It's true though, I did ask a hell of a lot of questions for the LET conversion. Knowledge is power.

AlexW
30-06-10, 02:19 PM
lol At least your thinking it though and planning every little bit, just a shame there isnt much progress atm :p

Nova_Tek
30-06-10, 02:22 PM
Yeah mate things have come to a halt really, tryna sort myself out a decent job, get things arranged and what-not. Although saying that, I missed out on a LET on eBay. But I've got a couple items ticked off the shopping list which I'll update.

For the time being though not much happeneing, but good things come to those who wait as they say ;)

AlexW
30-06-10, 02:28 PM
Waiting is boring lol

Nova_Tek
30-06-10, 02:53 PM
I'm more bored than you are, trust me lol

MattBrown
30-06-10, 03:13 PM
I would look at an all aluminium one as it will be more efficient at dissapating heat. Depends what budget you are working to really.

There seem a few on ebay at a reasonable price - not sure on quality though!

I run an all aluminium one on my LET made by Radtech Ltd. Excellent quality and even with a standard thermostat my temps rarely get over 85c degrees.

Joff

The egay "TX Autosport" ones are very very good for the money.

The welding seems tidy, and the fella that owns them is a really sound guy:thumb:

Southie
30-06-10, 03:24 PM
I'm more bored than you are, trust me lol
Your not as gay though lol